Author Topic: Pelini vs. Wolf vs. Heacock vs. Tressel  (Read 10516 times)

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pelini vs. Wolf vs. Heacock vs. Tressel
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 02:06:34 PM »
You are picking on Bo's resume at Nebraska before he coaches a game here and you call it just stating the facts...well, the fact is ..Bo is the most qualified coach we have ever hired at this school because he did have a track record as a head coach. And I believe it was a pretty good one. I loved Coach Tressel and obviously his track recortd after becoming a head coach speaks for itself...and I would be willing to bet that the majority of people wanted Coach JH because he came with Coach Tressel's recommendation. Let Bo's record here speak for itself...but let him at least get his tenure started

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 03:17:46 PM »
The  Husker Board stated that Bo was 7-16 vs ranked teams. And he was apparently judged on that fact out there.

That's the coaching business.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 07:47:14 PM »
   Tressel was one of a kind, there is only one, and we will never experience that kind of run again.   Heacock took over a great program and it quickly became just average;  1 playoff berth in nine years, and 0-9 vs Northern Iowa.

Wolford, although the style much different that Heacock, was the same.   No playoffs, and couldn't win in November.

The grade on Pelini is incomplete.  I would grade him a C- at Nebraska.  No BCS bowl appearances, and several awful blowout losses.   I don't want to hear about the 9 wins a year, a monkey at Nebraska should win 7 games playing Northwestern, Indiana, Illinois, and Rutgers every year, and throw in a couple of stiffs like McNeese State prior to league play.   This past year Nebraska barely beat McNeese, and also played Fresno State and Florida Atlantic in the preseason. 

Also, short temper and unprofessional behavior is not a positive, even though some on this board think that kind of behavior is acceptable.
Good post !! The landscape of this conference has changed so drastically over the years it's really impossible to say how all 4 coaches would perform in different era's. Pelini  had plenty of resources at his disposal at Nebraska and should've won an average of 9 games a year in the pathetic big ten and that's what he did. Had a much rougher time with ranked opponents and the big 3 of the big ten. The one HUGE difference for him here in the Missouri is that there are know Cupcakes..Once Bo"s job is done here at YSU we will all have a better understanding of Eric Wolford as a coach