Author Topic: Ohio State RB Bri'onte Dunn May Transfer to YSU  (Read 31347 times)

ValleyTalk

Ohio State RB Bri'onte Dunn May Transfer to YSU
« on: January 22, 2015, 08:23:14 PM »
Link is a premium link on Bucknuts: http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/BH-Bad-Blood-Removed-Meyer-Continues-Courting-Myers-34961255

My uncle, a huge Buckeye fan, messaged me the text:

Dunn And Gone? … Multiple sources have informed us Ohio State third-year sophomore running back Bri’onte Dunn could transfer to Youngstown State following spring semester (which ends in late May).
As one source put it: “I’d say there’s a better chance he’ll be at YSU than OSU this fall.”

If Dunn does transfer to YSU, he would be eligible to play immediately – since the Penguins are an FCS (I-AA) team – and have two seasons of eligibility remaining.

The 6-foot, 216-pound Dunn had just nine carries for 63 yards as a third-year sophomore for the national champion Buckeyes in 2014.

A product of Canton GlenOak High, Dunn was ranked as the No. 8 running back in the country and the No. 96 overall prospect in the 2012 class, per the 247Sports Composite.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ohio State RB Bri'onte Dunn May Transfer to YSU
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 08:34:39 PM »
Watched him play when GlenOak would come to Boardman... Always seemed a little overrated but hey, It would be a nice addition but Ruiz and Webb seem to have the top 2 spots... Unless Bo promised him the starting spot?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:36:05 PM by ysufan0505 »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 08:44:07 PM »
Watched him play when GlenOak would come to Boardman... Always seemed a little overrated but hey, It would be a nice addition but Ruiz and Webb seem to have the top 2 spots... Unless Bo promised him the starting spot?
I doubt he would promise him a starting job. The kid just wants to play. He is certainly not going to pass Ezekiel Elliott at OSU.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 08:58:11 PM »
I doubt he would promise him a starting job. The kid just wants to play. He is certainly not going to pass Ezekiel Elliott at OSU.

Agreed. Hard to put him past Ruiz here as well. But we will see!

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:14 PM »
Kid is a beast who we could play 2 back sets with him and ruiz, only bad thing is webb would probably have to move to wr

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 09:45:58 PM »
Over-rated and buried on OSU depth chart. Is a power back. YSU has more versatility with Ruiz and more speed and elusiveness with Webb. Would add to an already DEEP bunch of RBs.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 06:28:13 AM »
He was just a power back coming out of H.S. Tressel had recruited him because of that. Urban convinced him to not decomitt. I don't think Meyer ever had any plans for Dunn in his system. He didn't want to see him carry the ball in a Michigan St. , Michigan, or Wisconsin uniform 25 times a game for the following 4 years against a weak defense in O.S.U. at that time as crazy as this might sound.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 06:30:03 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 07:21:07 AM »
Over-rated and buried on OSU depth chart. Is a power back. YSU has more versatility with Ruiz and more speed and elusiveness with Webb. Would add to an already DEEP bunch of RBs.

Are you sure about that?  He has played this year in a limited role and his stats are not too shabby, especially at the end of the season when their OL was playing much better.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 08:36:24 AM »

Are you sure about that?  He has played this year in a limited role and his stats are not too shabby, especially at the end of the season when their OL was playing much better.

Nothing against R and W but just like the last 5 years of YSU football the team don't seem as impressive when they play someone other than the blind center and Jerry's kids. Anyways.. I'll go out on a limb and say "IF" this kid is 3rd on tOSU's depth chart he's going to be as good or better than what we have now. Bring him on  ;)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 09:29:02 AM »
...and we don't want a power back for what reason again? Oh yes. It is probably the main reason our defense cannot get off the field in the second half of ball games. It is probably the main reason NDSU has won 4-tiles in a row. It is probably because every team in our conference uses one and we like to be different?  ;)

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 09:34:33 AM »
...and we don't want a power back for what reason again? Oh yes. It is probably the main reason our defense cannot get off the field in the second half of ball games. It is probably the main reason NDSU has won 4-tiles in a row. It is probably because every team in our conference uses one and we like to be different?  ;)

Same O-coordinator next year right? Hope this kid can cover kicks because that may be all he gets to do outside of goal line.

Coach M. knows all. Doesn't change his scheme to fit his players.

If he did, our exceptional tight ends would have gotten more targets.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 10:39:37 AM »

Same O-coordinator next year right? Hope this kid can cover kicks because that may be all he gets to do outside of goal line.

Coach M. knows all. Doesn't change his scheme to fit his players.

If he did, our exceptional tight ends would have gotten more targets.

I feel the same way.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 10:58:12 AM »
If you search for it, you can find OSU's depth chart. Dunn has really dropped this year. Elliott ( Soph) is the starter with Curtis Samuel ( Fr. ) the back-up. Listed 3rd is Warren Ball ( So.) formerly of Columbus DeSales. Rod Smith (Sr.) was also ahead of him before being suspended.Dunn, in many eyes isn't 4th either and its said that he has been a problem with lack of effort and an attitude problem. I wouldn't be selling Ruiz or Webb short as their abilities are pretty good and no one questions their efforts. Dunn is over rated but is on the OSU team, albeit BURIED  on the depth chart. I'll stick with the info I get from friends down there -- bring him on but don't be surprised if he struggles here
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:08:30 AM by paladin »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 01:00:49 PM »
I am now told Dunn is leaving but may not be YSU. OSU is bringing in 4Star RB Mike Weber, the #1 player from Mich who has major offers from USC, Alabama, Notre Dame, Mich. and Mich St. and others. Sounds like he is trying to "shopping around".

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com