Author Topic: Ohio State RB Bri'onte Dunn May Transfer to YSU  (Read 31988 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ohio State RB Bri'onte Dunn May Transfer to YSU
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 03:33:33 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/54309/ohio-state-rb-brionte-dunn-arrested

Oh no.....he was found carrying a plant ??!!

Hopefully he didn't jaywalk either!!

Article is from 2012.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 03:41:22 PM »
Yep, that's OLD, OLD news. Urban tried to give him a chance this year to play his way back, using him for special teams. Dunn was too "good" for that and loafed his way into the doghouse. Then he copped an attitude. He will never play at Ohio St. and knows it. Now in the process of "shopping" for a coach who will promise him a starting job.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 04:01:52 PM »
Just saying that he is not coming without any baggage. Not taking sides either way.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 07:51:20 PM »
yeah that was an old story and if i remember correctly his mother claimed it was her stuff but whatever

rumor was the reason he got buried on the depth chart was because he doesn't want to play special teams and for Urban if you don't play special teams you don't play. At the end of the season after they kicked Rod Smith off the team Dunn was 3rd string behind Elliot and Samual. The Kid reminds me of PJ Mays but who knows

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 09:56:20 AM »
yeah that was an old story and if i remember correctly his mother claimed it was her stuff but whatever

rumor was the reason he got buried on the depth chart was because he doesn't want to play special teams and for Urban if you don't play special teams you don't play. At the end of the season after they kicked Rod Smith off the team Dunn was 3rd string behind Elliot and Samual. The Kid reminds me of PJ Mays but who knows

I would take another PJ in a heartbeat

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 01:35:47 PM »
Anything new on the Bri'onte Dunn story?  Could really use a power back.  I see another little tailback from Erie I think.  Love these guys but we have 3 now 4 already.  Need a power guy!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 03:53:51 PM »
Watched Dunn get handled twice by an undersized Ursuline division 5 Irish team.  I could not see what Ohio State saw in him.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 04:49:59 PM »
ELPENGUIN, the Bucks have obviously soured on him.  I read it was because he doesn't want to play special teams, and I certainly have no insight into that.  I suspect it is probably Zeke that is the bigger issue for Dunn, as he is CLEARLY a Sunday player.  213 might not be a power back in the Big 10, but it will get the job done at YSU.  Hope we get him.  Same with DE from Nebraska.  LOTS of talk on recruits, and I'm one that says give'em a chance, but in all honesty I don't see much help this year except maybe DB's since we are SO BAD back there.  Anyway, if you or anyone sees anything on Dunn, keep up posted.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 05:07:27 PM »
I was under the impression this was not going to happen. As to his special teams play ...he was really good last year. It does still make sense for him to come to YSU, but NFL teams start you out at special teams as well. Maybe that and some limited play will get him in there. I am not sure that will do much, but who knows?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 05:49:38 PM »
I assumed the lack of chatter was probably going to indicate a no, but I could hope for a while.
Some guys would rather sit on the bench and see teammates win than play at a lower level and help them win.  In the end, I want a guy that wants to play!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 06:18:42 PM »
Martin Ruin is probably better than Dunn.

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 09:16:57 PM »
Martin Ruin is probably better than Dunn.

I think its close but in all honesty why would it matter ? give the ball to each back 15-20 times a game and keep both fresh thru the season and games

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 08:41:40 AM »
"Martin Ruin is probably better than Dunn."
Maybe, but in the proper situation, give me the extra 20 lbs. One of our weaknesses was closing out games and a big power back late in the game can really help with that!  I like Jodie Webb too, but he is even smaller than Ruiz.  But in any case, doesn't look promising.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2015, 09:37:44 AM »
Ruiz has a problem hanging on to the ball. I think in W.'s mind his pluses outweighed his minuses. Then again, he had a couple key drops last year that in retrospect could have changed the outcome of the season. A different coach might view Ruiz's ability to contribute differently, especially since Ruiz's problem has to do with fundamentals.