Author Topic: Ron Brown hired by Pelini?  (Read 17052 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: Ron Brown hired by Pelini?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 08:04:44 PM »
Great... A Far Right Wing Christian nutcase..................... man , I told you this gig was going to be a comedy.................... what a pair... Bo with his potty mouth cussing up a storm and having a preacher assist coach.............. where is Archie Bunker when you need him ?  ;D
Hell of a lot better than the left wing nuts in the Capitol, White House, and California.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 08:34:11 PM »
It is amazing that we have YSU Fans who spend so much time looking for a downside on everything. We have Husker fans coming on our site telling us how lucky we are to get a certain coach and some folks just cannot be happy. Wow!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 08:37:05 PM »
It is amazing that we have YSU Fans who spend so much time looking for a downside on everything. We have Husker fans coming on our site telling us how lucky we are to get a certain coach and some folks just cannot be happy. Wow!

Spot on.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 08:44:49 PM »
Then you have fans like Pally.

Offline huskergina

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 09:09:18 PM »
Ron Brown does not shove his beliefs down players throats.....you will not be able to find a player who says he does.  He has a great relationship with Ameer...who is Muslim.  Players can take part in what he offers or pass.....just like FCA.  Right wing nut?  I must be one too.....we attend the same Evangelical church in Lincoln.  Now, administrators havent always liked what he has said.....being a public institution everything has to be PC.  Bo and Ron are not perfect...they both have their distractors.  But what you are getting are two men who will serve young men unselfishly, help them become responsible adults in their communities...and work their butts off putting a good product on the field.  Ron was a Husker coach for 24 years and widely respected.....just give him a chance...he is a good coach and a better man.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 09:16:28 PM »
He is a football coach first with an impressive track record and I don't care that he is a man of strong faith in God! With the lack of luck the last 2 Coaches had maybe Coach Brown will be our ace in the hole with God! We need all the help we can get!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 09:18:57 PM »
I thought this board was for sports information on YSU, but it surely has eroded.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 09:21:48 PM »
Ron Brown does not shove his beliefs down players throats.....you will not be able to find a player who says he does.  He has a great relationship with Ameer...who is Muslim.  Players can take part in what he offers or pass.....just like FCA.  Right wing nut?  I must be one too.....we attend the same Evangelical church in Lincoln.  Now, administrators havent always liked what he has said.....being a public institution everything has to be PC.  Bo and Ron are not perfect...they both have their distractors.  But what you are getting are two men who will serve young men unselfishly, help them become responsible adults in their communities...and work their butts off putting a good product on the field.  Ron was a Husker coach for 24 years and widely respected.....just give him a chance...he is a good coach and a better man.

I like what I am reading, Sounds like a good coach, a good man and respected by those around him.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 12:34:13 AM »
After reading many of the Husker Boards, this guy was a polarizing  figure. Worse , his anti- gay crusade drew the ACLU into town. He lost a public fight with City Council who passed favorable gay friendly legislation. One  board said the word was Bo and YSU administration ( Tressel ?) had agreed he could evangelize as he did in Neb. And if that is the case, get ready for a visit from the ACLU. This guy is poison. Football is second to him with his discriminatory preaching. And, the Boards had a few with strong belief that the poisonous religion positions is one reason he wasn't kept on as a coach as they no longer wanted to deal with his "publicity"  problem. Youngstown  may be back in the national news soon for "other reasons" than football.......lol. Just read all the boards on Brown.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 01:42:22 AM »
Coach Brown has a First Amendment right to speak about his faith. It even specifies that he has the right of "free exercise" of his religion.  He does not have the right to provide consequences if others don't accept his faith or have other religious beliefs. There is no record of him doing that.

I have very different views on LGBT issues, but he is entitled to advocate for his beliefs, as misguided as they are.

So the question is, can he be an effective running backs coach at YSU?  Based on the info at hand, the answer is yes.

"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 05:51:55 AM »
Coach Brown has a First Amendment right to speak about his faith. It even specifies that he has the right of "free exercise" of his religion.  He does not have the right to provide consequences if others don't accept his faith or have other religious beliefs. There is no record of him doing that.

I have very different views on LGBT issues, but he is entitled to advocate for his beliefs, as misguided as they are.

So the question is, can he be an effective running backs coach at YSU?  Based on the info at hand, the answer is yes.

Excellent post.

For everyone else that thinks this is a problem.
You are just as misguided as the national news which had the top story about ball inflation of the NFL and had the 3rd storyline that fact that the government in Yemen has collapsed.   Unbelievable.   Ron Burgundy is running the national news because all of the wrong things are emphasized. 

If you seriously believe a Christian football coach is going to cause problems then your thought process is misguided.  First of all most Christians that are as devout as he is tend to do a lot for the poor in the community.   Secondly many of the kids that are coming from broken families do not always make the best decisions and a guy like this helps them with their moral compass.  If you  were part of the military you would understand this better if the explanation I'm using doesn't make sense.  Truly living in a world that I struggle to understand.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 08:38:24 AM »

Excellent post.

For everyone else that thinks this is a problem.
You are just as misguided as the national news which had the top story about ball inflation of the NFL and had the 3rd storyline that fact that the government in Yemen has collapsed.   Unbelievable.   Ron Burgundy is running the national news because all of the wrong things are emphasized. 

If you seriously believe a Christian football coach is going to cause problems then your thought process is misguided.  First of all most Christians that are as devout as he is tend to do a lot for the poor in the community.   Secondly many of the kids that are coming from broken families do not always make the best decisions and a guy like this helps them with their moral compass.  If you  were part of the military you would understand this better if the explanation I'm using doesn't make sense.  Truly living in a world that I struggle to understand.

^^ Amen brother. There is a serious problem with morals and ethics in this country and around the world.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 09:36:39 AM »
I thought this board was for sports information on YSU, but it surely has eroded.
Yep....who cares what he believes. His resume speaks for itself.

Edit:

This is assuming he doesn't preach on campus like a lot are saying. If he does, fire his ass there's no place for that at a state school.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:50:44 AM by HappyPenguin »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »

This needs repeated.