Non-YSU Sports and Other > Non YSU Sports

Urban Meyer conversation split-off from Tressel thread

(1/3) > >>

edpuskas:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 13, 2015, 02:23:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: penguin4ever on January 13, 2015, 09:06:08 AM ---It was great to see  President (Coach) Tressel at the NC last night. One thing that stands out for me of the difference between Urban Meyer and Jim Tressel is with 28 seconds left in the game on the two yard line Tressel would have had Jones take a knee and end the game at 35-20.  Bad move  Urban!  Jim Tressel is and always will be a Class Act.

--- End quote ---

Believe me, I am as far from an Urban Meyer fan as one can get. I see his hiring by OSU as nothing short of  traitorous. However, OSU started the drive with over 3-minutes on the clock and Oregon called all three of their timeouts. Not much choice.

I agree on Tressel's class though. It was he trying to run 6-minutes off the clock that used to drive me insane back in the 80's and 90's. He needed to score many times.

--- End quote ---

Traitorous? What?

Ohio State hiring an Ohio guy with championship credentials is traitorous?

Why? Because Florida beat OSU in the BCS title game in 2007?

Who would have been a better hire under the circumstances?

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: penguin4ever on January 13, 2015, 09:06:08 AM ---It was great to see  President (Coach) Tressel at the NC last night. One thing that stands out for me of the difference between Urban Meyer and Jim Tressel is with 28 seconds left in the game on the two yard line Tressel would have had Jones take a knee and end the game at 35-20.  Bad move  Urban!  Jim Tressel is and always will be a Class Act.

--- End quote ---

Believe me, I am as far from an Urban Meyer fan as one can get. I see his hiring by OSU as nothing short of  traitorous. However, OSU started the drive with over 3-minutes on the clock and Oregon called all three of their timeouts. Not much choice.

I agree on Tressel's class though. It was he trying to run 6-minutes off the clock that used to drive me insane back in the 80's and 90's. He needed to score many times.

--- End quote ---

Wow....

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: edpuskas on January 13, 2015, 06:41:21 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Traitorous? What?

--- End quote ---

Yes. Traitorous.
Yes.
More than that, but that ranks right up at the top of the list.
Anyone at all.

To sum up my feelings for Meyer and the hire. He can stay at OSU for the next 10-years, win 9 conference titles and 6 national championships and he will still be the best coach UofF ever had. He will NEVER be anything more. There is more to the game of football than salaries and win/loss. Besides I am a Guins fan & really have little concern for OSU. My daughter graduated from OSU and I bought her the student package for 5-years and I never went. I live 5-minutes from the shoe & drive past it every fall Saturday ...on the way to watch my team play.

I am a YSU fan. That is all. Every sport they play is my favorite team. My only team.

That is why the name of this site is not osubuckeyes.com          ;)

edpuskas:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 13, 2015, 09:15:16 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Traitorous? What?

--- End quote ---

Yes. Traitorous.
Yes.
Anyone at all.

To sum up my feelings for Meyer and the hire. He can stay at OSU for the next 10-years, win 9 conference titles and 6 national championships and he will still be the best coach UofF ever had. He will NEVER be anything more. There is more to the game of football than salaries and win/loss. Besides I am a Guins fan & really have little concern for OSU. My daughter graduated from OSU and I bought her the student package for 5-years and I never went. I live 5-minutes from the shoe & drive past it every fall Saturday ...on the way to watch my team play.

I am a YSU fan. That is all. Every sport they play is my favorite team. My only team.

--- End quote ---

If you don't care at all about OSU, then it shouldn't bother you that they hired Urban Meyer.

Right?

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 13, 2015, 09:15:16 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Traitorous? What?

--- End quote ---

Yes. Traitorous.
Yes.
Anyone at all.

--- End quote ---

Why? Because he is going to replace Jimmy T as a better coach at Ohio State? I don't get why so much hatred.... Take the YSU blinders off and appreciate greatness. The man can coach some football.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version