Author Topic: President Tressel to be inducted in the College FB Hall of Fame  (Read 15203 times)

Offline Iceman

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: President Tressel to be inducted in the College FB Hall of Fame
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »
He probably rigged the voting like he did the raffles.  I didn't know there was a cheaters wing at the college football hall of fame

I love how you attack a person that has contributed more to Youngstown and Youngstown State University than about 99.1% of the people in North East Ohio and believe these liberal critical journalists that have an agenda to hurt others.  I know that you don't see the big picture because you appear to be a typical liberal that preaches acceptance of others but can't accept anything you disagree with.  You are an uninformed simpleton and you couldn't make the same impact on a community or a university if you every resource available to you, but you can hide behind a screen name and criticize a person that been an exceptional contributor to NE Ohio.

I am not a person that typically attacks others, but I will say that your post is just full of hatred.

Please tell me where I'm wrong, is he not a proven cheater & liar?  Has been for decades.  BTW, since you're dragging politics into this, I'm a registered Republican

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 11:56:13 AM »
Iceman,

Have you ever committed a non-violent, victimless "crime"?

Have you ever drove above the speed limit, rolled through a stop sign on a rural road...jaywalked?

Is so...are you an outlaw?  A criminal?

BTW....exceeding the speed limit is far more of a danger to the public that anything JT did.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 01:52:35 PM »
He probably rigged the voting like he did the raffles.  I didn't know there was a cheaters wing at the college football hall of fame

I love how you attack a person that has contributed more to Youngstown and Youngstown State University than about 99.1% of the people in North East Ohio and believe these liberal critical journalists that have an agenda to hurt others.  I know that you don't see the big picture because you appear to be a typical liberal that preaches acceptance of others but can't accept anything you disagree with.  You are an uninformed simpleton and you couldn't make the same impact on a community or a university if you every resource available to you, but you can hide behind a screen name and criticize a person that been an exceptional contributor to NE Ohio.

I am not a person that typically attacks others, but I will say that your post is just full of hatred.

Please tell me where I'm wrong, is he not a proven cheater & liar?  Has been for decades.  BTW, since you're dragging politics into this, I'm a registered Republican

I would ask you to prove your statement. Rig some player raffles? What are you upset because you did not win a shirt as a recruit? Who cares? He is trying to bring in players and I can assure you there were plenty of "gifts" to go around. Tressel's ban is based on two items:

1. He willingly and knowingly allowed players to participate in a post-season game having been informed that they were trading memorabilia for tattoos.

2. Failure to inform his superiors of said violations.

Did you read the emails brought into evidence? There was never any proof this occurred prior to the investigation. Tressel was attempting (and did) penalize these people internally. (i.e. an empty jewelry box instead of the gold pants). Furthermore (and as he told the NCAA) these items are given to the players and they are NOT the property of OSU once given out. So yes, selling them is a huge insult to the players and fans of OSU, but players can do what they want. If a player had a car (honorably obtained) and they sold it, would the NCAA/school deserve the proceeds? Clearly the NCAA far overstepped their authority & ruined a man ...won't be the first-time.

Furthermore, do you recall the letter of commendation Tressel received (as AD of YSU) when he investigated the Ray Issac incident and took unnecessary punitive actions? Was he doing it to save his hiring at OSU? Probably, but I have no issue with that, and neither should you or anyone else. Do coaches ignore many things that occur? Sure, it is their job to "take the fall" and Tressel did just that. If you want o be upset about something (and are an OSU fan) you need to ask yourself why Gene Smith is still there?