Author Topic: President Tressel to be inducted in the College FB Hall of Fame  (Read 14939 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
President Tressel to be inducted in the College FB Hall of Fame
« on: January 09, 2015, 11:42:40 AM »
"Tressel was 106-22 in 10 seasons as coach of Ohio State, including a national championship in 2002. He was forced to resign after the 2010 season after he withheld information from the school and NCAA about possible violations by some of his players, who traded memorabilia and equipment for tattoos. The NCAA imposed a five-year show cause order on Tressel that would open up a school to possible sanctions if it hired him as a coach. That order ends September 2016.

Tressel also coached 15 seasons at Youngstown State, winning four Division I-AA national titles. He is the only coach to win national championship at both levels of Division I. He was named president of Youngstown State on May 9, 2014."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12141880/jim-tressel-bill-snyder-selected-college-football-hall-fame

Many congrats!
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: President Tressel to be inducted in the College FB Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 12:32:10 PM »
Congrats coach!!

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »
Well deserved. Coach put Youngstown back on the map during the 90's and put YSU as a formable college football team. Jim's new assignment will be to establish YSU as a well known university where students will want to get their education.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 01:28:26 PM »
We will just pretend that his secretary put OSU ahead of YSU by accident, when he said Go B******* and Go Penguins.   ;)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 03:23:15 PM »
Shame that most people will look over his accomplishments at lowly Youngstown State and only focus on his success at Ohio State....

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 04:26:11 PM »
Shame that most people will look over his accomplishments at lowly Youngstown State and only focus on his success at Ohio State....

I know many, many Ohio State people that laud his accomplishments at Youngstown State.

"Lowly Youngstown State" will remain so if it is satisfied with the status quo and I don't think the
current President is.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 05:32:46 PM »

I know many, many Ohio State people that laud his accomplishments at Youngstown State.

"Lowly Youngstown State" will remain so if it is satisfied with the status quo and I don't think the
current President is.

I was referring to more of a national broader audience outside of Ohio.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 06:45:32 PM »
Grateful that Coach is honored with his Dad.  Speaking for my family Coach has always made us so very proud to be YSU fans.  We do say "Congratulations Coach" your Dad would be so proud.

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 10:31:23 PM »
I hope Tress wears his 'Y' logo lapel pin for the coin toss ceremony.  Perfect tie in for him between YSU and Ohio State.

Offline Iceman

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 08:44:22 PM »
He probably rigged the voting like he did the raffles.  I didn't know there was a cheaters wing at the college football hall of fame

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 08:03:36 AM »
He probably rigged the voting like he did the raffles.  I didn't know there was a cheaters wing at the college football hall of fame

I love how you attack a person that has contributed more to Youngstown and Youngstown State University than about 99.1% of the people in North East Ohio and believe these liberal critical journalists that have an agenda to hurt others.  I know that you don't see the big picture because you appear to be a typical liberal that preaches acceptance of others but can't accept anything you disagree with.  You are an uninformed simpleton and you couldn't make the same impact on a community or a university if you every resource available to you, but you can hide behind a screen name and criticize a person that been an exceptional contributor to NE Ohio.

I am not a person that typically attacks others, but I will say that your post is just full of hatred.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:07:19 AM by penguinpower »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 10:08:44 AM »
The internet is a great thing, but it contains a central flaw.  It provides a vehicle through which an insignificant person can trash the reputation of an important person with impunity.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 10:20:32 AM »
Thanks penguinpower and wick250 for your excellent posts on President Jim Tressel. I have meet and talked with him several times; he is true genuine  man who has helped many students. Yes, he made a mistake, but who among us mortals hasn't! 

Offline penguin4ever

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 09:06:08 AM »
It was great to see  President (Coach) Tressel at the NC last night. One thing that stands out for me of the difference between Urban Meyer and Jim Tressel is with 28 seconds left in the game on the two yard line Tressel would have had Jones take a knee and end the game at 35-20.  Bad move  Urban!  Jim Tressel is and always will be a Class Act.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:39:01 AM by penguin4ever »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 02:23:49 PM »
It was great to see  President (Coach) Tressel at the NC last night. One thing that stands out for me of the difference between Urban Meyer and Jim Tressel is with 28 seconds left in the game on the two yard line Tressel would have had Jones take a knee and end the game at 35-20.  Bad move  Urban!  Jim Tressel is and always will be a Class Act.

Believe me, I am as far from an Urban Meyer fan as one can get. I see his hiring by OSU as nothing short of  traitorous. However, OSU started the drive with over 3-minutes on the clock and Oregon called all three of their timeouts. Not much choice but to run plays.

I agree on Tressel's class though. It was he trying to run 6-minutes off the clock that used to drive me insane back in the 80's and 90's. He needed to score many times.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:01:33 AM by IAA Fan »