Author Topic: 2015 YSU Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 160206 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: 2015 YSU Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:36 PM »
I think I'm wrong with the head coach being fired..it was a different Robert Morris..sorry for the confusion

Their coach is a very good catch for RMU and just took over last year as HC. They hired John Banaszak, for all you "steel curtain" guys. He was brought in as Assistant, stayed for 10-years ...told he was taking over for 20-year coach and trained. RMU is a good program with play-off history. Although I was just reviewing their roster and this kid is not playing at LB any time soon, they (RMU) are 6-deep already.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2015, 09:41:32 PM »
you may DavedS, but  it should be obvious why he is going to RMU. But that's a step down from YSU but fits his abilities. You also make the point about Poland athletes who don't do well here at all. Agreed. Un like Fan, I see little competition at RMU and a chance to  play early . The RMU LBs are undersized where he will fit in well.  This is a case of a Valley athlete we shouldn't have recruited, lost   to a weaker program that we won't miss and saves what would have been a wasted schollie.. Check out the RMU roster................

RMU went 1-10 last year. And in the weak, weak NEC. That will be a weenie game for YSU. I would bet he plays as a Frosh against YSU.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:26:42 PM by paladin »

Online penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2015, 10:37:50 PM »
you may DavedS, but  it should be obvious why he is going to RMU. But that's a step down from YSU but fits his abilities. You also make the point about Poland athletes who don't do well here at all. Agreed. Un like Fan, I see little competition at RMU and a chance to  play early . The RMU LBs are undersized where he will fit in well.  This is a case of a Valley athlete we shouldn't have recruited, lost   to a weaker program that we won't miss and saves what would have been a wasted schollie.. Check out the RMU roster................

RMU went 1-10 last year. And in the weak, weak NEC. That will be a weenie game for YSU. I would bet he plays as a Frosh against YSU.

What do you think about Mark Schuler?  Just curious want an honest opinion.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2015, 10:38:27 PM »
Bo Pelini was at the Notre Dame-Duke men's basketball game tonight. Had an in home visit with Inoke Moala, a TE/OLB from Penn high school in Indiana. He is currently committed to Indiana State but looks like Bo is trying to snatch him away.

Small Nokes @InokeMoala  ·  31m 31 minutes ago

Great meeting Coach Bo Pelini tonight! Great experience and a blessing to have received an offer from Youngstown St.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:48:19 PM by ysufan0505 »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2015, 10:46:10 PM »
Schuler looked like a strong blocker. Good feet. Big frame. I'd look at what Wolf saw -- move him to OT, bulk him up and play in the OL. Redshirt. Not impressed with his speed as a TE but he would be a quick T. Play at 290-300.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2015, 10:49:24 PM »
Highlights for Moala:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1186871/inoke-moala

Was also offered a PWO at Indiana.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2015, 11:08:05 PM »
Moala  -- now there is a TE ( or OLB). I'd feel comfortable playing him at either position. Strong blocker ( pancake blocks), great feet, good speed, great hands and played for a quality program against very good competition. Appears to be very strong.  This one I want on the Paladin team.................

P.S. -- I'll say he's strong , Squats 500 and benches 265. From Tonga !
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:19:52 PM by paladin »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2015, 11:31:10 PM »
Moala  -- now there is a TE ( or OLB). I'd feel comfortable playing him at either position. Strong blocker ( pancake blocks), great feet, good speed, great hands and played for a quality program against very good competition. Appears to be very strong.  This one I want on the Paladin team.................

P.S. -- I'll say he's strong , Squats 500 and benches 265. From Tonga !

I agree, a little short maybe for a TE, listed at 6-3, more like 6-2? But has all the skills definitely. Would be nice to pry him away from Indiana State and a fellow MVFC member!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:23 PM »
Moala being short is the ONLY reason he doesn't have major offers. Is currently the right size for OLB and only 20-30 lbs away from being a TE who blocks well or catches passes at I-AA. He is a potential All Star at this level.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »
Schuler looked like a strong blocker. Good feet. Big frame. I'd look at what Wolf saw -- move him to OT, bulk him up and play in the OL. Redshirt. Not impressed with his speed as a TE but he would be a quick T. Play at 290-300.

Not sure he could be that big. What about moving over to defense?

ValleyTalk

« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2015, 07:39:31 AM »
Maybe Bo can snag an ND transfer or two while he is in beautiful South Bend.

Also, nice read on Moala from earlier last year:
http://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting/notre-dame-eyeing-penn-s-moala/article_828775e0-5611-5975-9679-126ed7228187.html

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2015, 08:26:25 AM »
Thoughts : Wollet would've been a wasted scholarship just like Paladin said. Didn't show the athleticism needed to cover the entire field. Was hiding something on film-unblocked on every play. Know plugging ,scraping , shedding blocks, reading misdirection,dropping in coverage  things I look for. Still it will turn some heads a local kid with 7 FCS offers with a chance to play for Bo heading to the Northeast conference and a 1-10 program from a year ago. I'm happy with how we sit at the backer position. We have 3 underclassmen at the TE position on the current roster. The way that Bo is aggressively recruiting TE"s tells me they will become a big part of the offense in years to come. Moala is a great football player know doubt about it - love the fact we're going in I.S.U.'s backyard at the last minute. I think Shuler is a great player as well. Both could play defense without a question. Seeing that we have a TE commit in Davidson that I'm just not high on things remain unclear at this time

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2015, 08:55:06 AM »
You nailed it again, Fever. Moala is head and shoulders better than commit Davidson. Seems odd how they are approaching recruiting  -- lots of guys that should have been passed over but were offered and late zeroing in on real players that are far better than we offered.

And, seems he has abandoned Florida and that will be a tragic mistake.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2015, 09:38:57 AM »

Although we don't always see eye to eye I believe you hit the nail on the head totally with this assessment.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2015, 09:42:33 AM »
You nailed it again, Fever. Moala is head and shoulders better than commit Davidson. Seems odd how they are approaching recruiting  -- lots of guys that should have been passed over but were offered and late zeroing in on real players that are far better than we offered.

And, seems he has abandoned Florida and that will be a tragic mistake.
Yep- The recruiting process has been bizarre. Honestly it's just what I expected. FAN had made the comment that Pelini was getting the leftover's just as Wolford did. The only difference here is Wolford wasn't getting the leftovers Pelini has to this point for the most part. Everyone thought top recruits would come to Bo because of the name..simply put this hasn't been the case so there must be a reason why. I like the fact he has planted the seeds with local programs such as St.Edwards that's very important. But deep down Bo knows things haven't gone as planned and it's go time for him. Florida is important just ask N.D.S. and the loss of Shane Dixon to Y.S.U.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:49:09 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »