Author Topic: 2015 YSU Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 160125 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 YSU Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 08:20:25 PM »
YSU has offered Dylan Mabin, a 6-1 DB from Nordonia. Looks a nice athlete.

Offline #1 Tailgater

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 10:59:24 PM »
Mabin is a very good athlete, I live in the school district and have seen him play many games.  Good pickup for the Penguins if its true,  I will put my feelers out to find out if its true.  There was a lot of talent on that team this year, good program. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 11:10:29 PM »
Mabin is a very good athlete, I live in the school district and have seen him play many games.  Good pickup for the Penguins if its true,  I will put my feelers out to find out if its true.  There was a lot of talent on that team this year, good program.

Hey thanks!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 08:29:38 AM »
I can't imagine what these recruits must be thinking. A little more then 2 weeks away from National signing day and our staff is know where close to being finalized...NOT GOOD!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:34:36 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 02:51:30 PM »
I can't imagine what these recruits must be thinking. A little more then 2 weeks away from National signing day and our staff is know where close to being finalized...NOT GOOD!!

I am not even slightly concerned ...we have very few scholarships left. Remember how large the class was a couple years ago? Way more than we had to offer. What did we pick up with graduation this year ...maybe a dozen (or less)? This year's graduates were the last of a very talented bunch, but not very large. So what if we need to play catch-up with some JUCO's and transfers? Most of the transfers come late. This is where I expect the name of Pelini to start paying dividends.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »
Thanks for explaining that Dan. I'm just frustrated that we've lost so many recruits to the Patriot conference since the departure of Wolford. Not saying we would've landed them all but I watched film on them and most of the players could've had a immediate impact on our program. When recruits built a bond with head coaches and position coaches and then there's major changes they will more then likely move on to their 2nd option . The Juco and transfer options should be good and I look for a great class in 2016. Maybin would be a great addition if we could land him. The Qb that committed throws a nice ball and can really move well like Ricky, but has poor mechanics and will be a work in progress. The wr Emans is just not fast and explosive enough looks more like a 4.85 player then the 4.55 listed but shows some good vision in the open field and could contribute on special teams.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »
New commit and new offer per Twitter.

New Commit:
Curtis Parks - 6'1", 210lb MLB from Cleveland Central Catholic:
@trendycurt5: I will be playing college football at Youngstown State University ! 🐧💯🏈 http://t.co/cjj2LRLRax

Previously had committed to Bryant:
http://247sports.com/Player/Curtis-Parks-49934
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/588096/curtis-parks

New Offer:
Darius Shackleford - 6'4", 185lb WR from Newark:
@Newark_Football: Congrats to @DeeShack3 picking up an offer from my alma mater Youngstown State! Go Guins. Go cats!

www.hudl.com/athlete/1660732/darius-shackleford
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:23:27 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 02:18:59 PM »
Fever: If we are losing them to the Patriot League, then these are kids looking to further their education ...much more so than play ball. The ones that we lose to Delaware or other teams in the CAA will bother me. These are probably players. So far I have not seen much of that, but have no fear, the CAA really covers PA & the edge of Ohio.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 10:05:53 AM »
Like the potential in both.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:21:33 AM by ysufan0505 »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 12:11:54 PM »
I agree with Footballfever, the QB Mays and WR Emans are problematic and not strong recruits. THESE 2 additional ones aren't overpowering either. I hope it gets better, much better, but not looking good so far. YSU will be nowhere near the top in the MVFC with these recruits.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 12:18:52 PM »
Keep in mind, we are still pretty young at most positions. The last 2 solid recruiting classes by Wolf are going to see more playing time and those kids have some serious potential especially on the defensive side of the ball. This class isn't going to make or break the program by any means....

Offline ysupenguin2

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 12:50:46 PM »
Did Pelini go to Hubbard? I heard he went to Springfield and Western Reserve out in Berlin Center for 2 also-the tall receiver and the huge OG. Sounds like he's looking local

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 02:05:31 PM »
Did Pelini go to Hubbard? I heard he went to Springfield and Western Reserve out in Berlin Center for 2 also-the tall receiver and the huge OG. Sounds like he's looking local

Although they both played inferior competition in high school, if he can get them in and redshirt and develop their bodies I see some potential down the road.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »
Malik Leonard won't see the field. Hopper at linebacker. Feet are slow. Hope we get better recruits than this kid.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 03:11:12 PM »
If Bo's answer is to recruit the Valley, then YSU is doomed to losing seasons. Take that to the bank.