Author Topic: BO PELINI: THE NEW HEAD COACH AT YSU  (Read 43995 times)

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
Re: BO PELINI: THE NEW HEAD COACH AT YSU
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2014, 09:25:16 AM »
i DIDN'T READ this whole thread of 1700 messages or whatever it is....just wanted to mention.....

I know Bo personally (played at Mooney with my oldest son)  Saw him this summer and met his kids.  I know for a fact that he would LOVE for his kids to attend Mooney for high school.

Wife also a Mooney grad and obviously they have lots of family in Y-town.

I did notice someone mentioned asst coaches pay would be an issue.  Could Bo sign for $1 and stipulate the money he would have received be paid to asst coaches?

What a coup that would be to have him in charge.  Imagine the defense!
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2014, 10:52:37 AM »
Legally Bo could sign for $1 a year and/or back-load the contract.  However, the job has previously paid and was offered at $250k and he must use his diligence to find a job to off-set his buy-out by Nebraska.  Thus, from a legal prospective, if Bo were to sign for $1...Nebraska would sue for the difference between the actual payment that the job was offered at ($250k a year) plus potentially more as his capabilities could get him a job that pays more.  There is no easy way for the university to increase the payment to assistant coaches...unless the penguin club or other donors plan to pony up. 

Z

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »
Could Mr. Pelini end up at Wisconsin?

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2014, 11:28:53 AM »
Bo Pelini is not coming to YSU!!!!!
His kids do not want to move schools

Spiderlegs

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2014, 11:29:19 AM »

Given Wisconsin's recent history with Nebraska, I doubt it. My bet is Alvarez looks outside the Big 10. Alvarez will want to restore the glory days of when he was coach. Sound familiar?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2014, 11:29:24 AM »

It depends on how the no-compete clause was setup in Pelini's contract. I am sure he could not resign at Nebraska and take the WI job ...but he was dismissed. I also think it is important to point out that his contract was negotiated when Nebraska was a member of the Big-12 (where they belong I might add) ...so if the university was not smart enough to renegotiate any no-compete and apply it to the Big-10 ...he would not be banned from taking a head job at any Big-10 club. I have never heard of any team having a no-compete that applied to teams from other conferences ...pretty sure that would be a law-suit waiting to happen.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2014, 11:39:13 AM »
Rumors going around saying Wisconsin going after Chryst at Pitt.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »
Coming from a reliable local source:

Chad Krispinsky @ChadK426  ·  1m 1 minute ago

Over the last hour, I'm detecting a growing sense of optimism in several connected circles that Bo Pelini could indeed be coming to YSU

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2014, 02:56:45 PM »
Joe Scalzo @JoeScalzo1  ·  8m 8 minutes ago

I hate to stir anything up, but I can echo what @ChadK426 said: More optimism about Pelini/YSU than yesterday. I'm hearing the same thing.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2014, 12:35:25 PM »
Saw several friends and family over the past week, and knowing that I am a die-hard YSU fan, many of them asked what I thought about Bo's hiring.  I am excited, and as casual fans they were as well.  This isn't a coach who was below .500 in the BIG.  Nebraska has the fourth best record in conference play since they joined in 2011.  Barring terrible weather, I believe the first two home games will have great crowds, and after that it will come down to whether or not they are winning.