Author Topic: Montgomery  (Read 10018 times)

Offline JFootball22

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Montgomery
« on: December 05, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »
Has anybody heard the news on him getting YSU HC job? No? He blows you say? yeah thats what i thought  8)

Hmm and here i was told it was not only guarenteed he would be the next HC because of his "coaching ability" and how much the team likes him, but he could be an HC somewhere else and choose to stay here

what a loud of BS, according to footballscoop he's not even being considered. Tressel knows whats up, he knows Montgomery will be out of football soon

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Montgomery
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »
Has anybody heard the news on him getting YSU HC job? No? He blows you say? yeah thats what i thought  8)

Hmm and here i was told it was not only guarenteed he would be the next HC because of his "coaching ability" and how much the team likes him, but he could be an HC somewhere else and choose to stay here

what a loud of BS, according to footballscoop he's not even being considered. Tressel knows whats up, he knows Montgomery will be out of football soon

I'm waiting on this guy to get the pink slip..  8)

Offline JFootball2

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »
hey 1AA, why are you in hiding? i thought it was a lock Montgomery was the next HC? he was such a perfect and phenominal OC that YSU would be dumb to turn it down right? RIGHT?  8) 8) 8)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 08:26:37 AM »
No question. Correction JJ, Montgomery is the OC at YSU and I am sure he is actively recruiting. If he wants to stay that way, let him. If he wants the keys  ...hand them over.

BTW, take over another thread and this version of you will be banned along with the other 6 or 7.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:29:38 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 09:14:58 AM »
When the coaching search started the university stated know current assistant's would be considered so they must have had their reasons. People either love or hate coach Montgomery. I personally feel both Monty and Kenny Carter deserved consideration from the University and I really don't care what people think of this comment!!

Spiderlegs

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
I would not be offended if M. is asked to stay in some capacity. My issues with him are second half issues: conservative, predictable play calling and the failure to make adjustments. I've  never known how much of this is M. and how much of this is M. implementing the will of W. In terms of dealing with players personally and demanding that they meet their academic obligations, he is exactly the guy I want. I personally put a lot of weight on a program that really is about producing student athletes.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 10:34:39 AM »
YSU is looking for an offensive coordinator.

https://jobs.ysu.edu/postings/1371

ValleyTalk

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 10:41:27 AM »

Not surprised, but heard a few of the current staff may stay. It may end up being some of the lower level staff that stays on board though when it's all said and done.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 11:17:21 AM »

Not surprised, but heard a few of the current staff may stay. It may end up being some of the lower level staff that stays on board though when it's all said and done.
Is YSU required to post for the position regardless whether Month stays or not since this is technically a new position under a new HC.

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 12:41:07 PM »

Go to the upper left hand corner and click on "search Jobs". This is the openings for all the coaches positions (including strength coach, OC, and the position coaches). They renew all of them every year. This doesn't mean Monty is leaving, it's just time to renew the 12 month contract for them all.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »
I heard Glenn Davis is gone. Was going to be gone whether Wolf was here or not.

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 02:49:39 PM »
I've never seen any school on any team for any reason post a job if renewal is an eventuality, it is not required, and just not done.  The only reason I would think one would do something like that is if the candidates that come in are deemed less than what you currently have. 

Spiderlegs

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 03:52:44 PM »
I've never seen any school on any team for any reason post a job if renewal is an eventuality, it is not required, and just not done.  The only reason I would think one would do something like that is if the candidates that come in are deemed less than what you currently have.

Thanks, all.  I'm accepting the idea that YSU must post regardless as a legitimate claim.  I know non-athletic organizations that do this even when promoting in the ranks. I'll avoid the obvious anti-government rant about big brother trying to control internal hirings. . .

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 05:33:12 PM »

Thanks, all.  I'm accepting the idea that YSU must post regardless as a legitimate claim.  I know non-athletic organizations that do this even when promoting in the ranks. I'll avoid the obvious anti-government rant about big brother trying to control internal hirings. . .
That is what I know for filling a faculty position. I am not sure about the procedure for filling a professional position. I have served on many faculty search committees. The first step is about diversity compliance. It is hard to believe that YSU can hire anyone without first going through a search. They do not necessarily have to choose one of the finalists recommended by the search committee.