Author Topic: Let the fun begin...  (Read 31204 times)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Let the fun begin...
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 12:00:17 AM »
Good. With an attitude like that, recruiting should get real interesting around  here. You are clueless if you think a parent is willing to send their kid to a dick 500 or a 1000 miles away from home when other schools nearer will lay out a gentleman approach.

If you are looking to screw YSU, you are off to a good start

kforbs126

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 12:02:12 AM »
Good. With an attitude like that, recruiting should get real interesting around  here. You are clueless if you think a parent is willing to send their kid to a dick 500 or a 1000 miles away from home when other schools nearer will lay out a gentleman approach.

If you are looking to screw YSU, you are off to a good start

I'm not clueless because I deal with the kids 18 to 22 everyday being I am a leader in the military.  You are just a complete negative nancy. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 08:50:52 AM »
Lol, your delusional if you think that is going to scare away parents from sending their kids here. Did you listen to the rest of the tape? His players LOVE him and he would do anything for those players. Get real Pally, and put the pipe down.

Offline gbs20

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 08:57:29 AM »
Strollo issued a statement that put Bo on notice and as the statement implied--"end of story." I hope it is.  History shows that unless the underlying issues behind the behavior are addressed, the behavior will escalate and be repeated--Woody Hayes, Bobby Knight, Mike Rice. What was once accepted is no longer acceptable-the use of the N-word; gay bashing; locker room hazing; marching band antics-I hope Bo understands that.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2014, 09:07:55 AM »
Players love him ?  PLayers have turned over tapes of "private meetings" with him several times to the media. And each time caused a controversy. Just like now. Heres some news -- not all players loved JT. I assure you not all players loved Wolf.  The one here that's delusional isn't me.  ;D ;D ;D

And if you don't understand how strongly parents can be involved in recruiting and deciding where their son goes to play FB, I hope the coaches they hire to recruit know more than you, 05.   
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:08:32 AM by paladin »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2014, 10:26:43 AM »
Strollo issued a statement that put Bo on notice and as the statement implied--"end of story." I hope it is.  History shows that unless the underlying issues behind the behavior are addressed, the behavior will escalate and be repeated--Woody Hayes, Bobby Knight, Mike Rice. What was once accepted is no longer acceptable-the use of the N-word; gay bashing; locker room hazing; marching band antics-I hope Bo understands that.
I do not find Bo's rants to be acceptable. However, having said that, the use of the Fxxx word is not the same a the examples cited by you. A few years ago, some OSO fans were wearing sweat shirts with "Fxxx Michigan" on it. It was done with poor taste but the judge ruled that was ok since the word stood for "intercourse".

The term is generic. The examples cited by you were action or verbal assault target against specific group or groups because of ethnicity, sexual preferences, religion ...... They are not the same. I hope you understand that.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2014, 10:46:23 AM »
Players love him ?  PLayers have turned over tapes of "private meetings" with him several times to the media. And each time caused a controversy. Just like now. Heres some news -- not all players loved JT. I assure you not all players loved Wolf.  The one here that's delusional isn't me.  ;D ;D ;D

And if you don't understand how strongly parents can be involved in recruiting and deciding where their son goes to play FB, I hope the coaches they hire to recruit know more than you, 05.

How do you know it was a player who turned over the evidence? Who knows who were all in that meeting. This will all blow over in a couple weeks. Nebraska has sour grapes, move on.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2014, 11:06:42 AM »
Pally:

Your always speak the obvious & act like you are the only one that gets it. We all knew this the second his name came up (most knew it well-before); again we ALL knew this. As kforrbs said ...you just want to be a "negative Nancy". Remember that you are going too far when you "rain on our parade".
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 01:11:44 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2014, 05:49:44 PM »
Let's see if my son were a star basketball player in the 1970's and 80's I would want him to play for one of the best in the country at the time...Bob Knight...tough..no nonsense, work hard, tell it like it is, and if my son were not good enough then that's the way it is...and if my son were a star football player I would want him to play for a guy like Bo Pelini, tell it like it is, in your face, get it done...we are busy raising pansies in this country who can't handle any adversity or someone telling them are no good at something or need to work harder in order to play.  Some of these kids don't have any resiliency anymore and he will build that!!

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2014, 06:56:23 PM »
I can understand a coaches outburst in a practice, pre-game, halftime, post-game, meetings or even in film study. What people are missing here is that this was a pre-meditated outburst with a former team after the fact ( Two different things here ). Take nothing away from Bo because he is great coach but really what do you think Bo's former players learned from him in that meeting? I'm a firm believer that coaches need to be great role models for the youth going forward. Bo needs to apologize and if Stollo had knowledge of this prior to Bo's hiring he should as well

Offline Observer

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2014, 07:37:07 PM »
I dont care about his swearing...many coaches have said much worse.  Teaching players, and role models and all that is non-sense, This isnt the 60's and the sport of football beyond Pee-wee (and in some cases not even that) is not at all about building character... it is about the institutions and what they can get out of it, be it money, free advertising or admissions.
 With that being said the HC is a figure head, your lead marketer, the face of the athletic department and in most cases the University.  The thing that sticks out the most is apparently Pelini is not good at playing the game, and that is ultimately why he got booted from Nebraska, point blank.....maybe he wont have too play games being "back home", as nepotistic as YSU operations seem to be.  But it raises huge questions as to this guys attitude towards his superiors, and the true message he delivers.   If I'm the board of trustees, President and the AD, the first time I do something he doesn't like I have to worry about the health of my institution.  And if it will be on the news.  However that all goes away if he wins....IF,  he wins.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2014, 08:12:34 PM »
OMG, I cannot believe that this thread still has life. We all have different standards, Bo is human I am human you are human. Try and tell me that any of you have never done anything that is "beneath" your own standards. Be honest. That is what I thought!

Stand outside a Walmart and you will hear this crap, we just landed a coach that most teams in FCS would not even dare to dream about getting. Do you folks get it? I mean do you really get what happened?

Spend a little time enjoying the possibilities.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:11:02 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2014, 09:19:17 PM »
Yep. I get it.Strollo made another hire. I am telling you, it's going to be a funny gig. Maybe embarrassing, but funny.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2014, 09:27:14 PM »
Yep. I get it.Strollo made another hire. I am telling you, it's going to be a funny gig. Maybe embarrassing, but funny.

Man, can't wait Pally. Getting my popcorn ready!