Author Topic: Assistant Coaches  (Read 118989 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Coaches
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2015, 05:31:56 PM »
Any word about Coach Sims?
I always thought he knew his stuff, but got walked on by Kravitz, Tracey and Bryant.
Who knows why?
Several times Tracey would step in front of Sims while he had the D Line at his attention.

I agree Sims is a heck of a coach. Wish he would stay but not sure.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2015, 09:15:44 PM »
Ross Watson gone....

FootballScoop Staff @FootballScoop  ·  2m 2 minutes ago
Guys here in Louisville confirming that Youngstown assistant Ross Watson has accepted a defensive coaching position at NIU

ValleyTalk

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2015, 07:46:33 PM »
He tweeted the other day he was moving back to Youngstown. Now his cover photo is of Stambaugh. Leads me to believe he may be in line for GA/Asst. Coaching position. Comes from a great family.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2015, 11:03:40 AM »
Yes. I knew his grandfather. He was in charge of Negley Outdoor Advertising for many, many years. Met his parents, Aunt and brother (could be sister, not sure who was the relation there) at a New Years dinner some years ago. Seemed very genuine.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »
Krispinsky is reporting Zordich has left and joined Harbaugh at Michigan. Another one gone....

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2015, 03:51:42 PM »
Krispinsky is reporting Zordich has left and joined Harbaugh at Michigan. Another one gone....

Not surprised.  I believe Zordich has always had his sights set at what he sees higher than YSU.  He left once before.  Being at Michigan will give him more contacts to go further in his career and Harbaugh is a good person to help him. 

Losing a good coach is tough,  replacing him with a better one is what they need to do.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2015, 04:41:40 PM »

Probably more of a recruiting/resume loss than that of a field commander. If Sims is not returning, we really will miss having some type of NFL"bloodline" on the team coaching roster.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:27:20 PM by IAA Fan »

jimmiejames

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2015, 04:52:53 PM »
I could see Zordich being our future head coach!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2015, 07:46:33 PM »
I could see Zordich being our future head coach!

Please give me a break

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2015, 07:58:52 PM »
Zordich is probably trying to get back in the NFL, and what better man to get you there than Harbaugh. Best of luck to him!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2015, 12:03:36 PM »
Whomever Pelini chooses for his staff will have our support, well with the exception of one member who will criticize everything that Pelini does.  Before he finalizes his selections, what type of composition would you like to see?

Wolford stressed the big time experience of his assistants, and indeed most of them had plenty of that at the DI level, including service in power conferences.  Tressel used a completely different model.  Of course he always had his sidekick, Conatser, and got years of service from Bob Stoops.  But most of his assistants were young coaches in the early stages of their careers.  Their goal was to work here for 3-4 years and then ascend up the coaching ladder.  Quite a few of them eventually became head coaches, with Dantonio the star of that pack.  These young men had "blank slates" and learned football the "Tressel Way."  I thought that added cohesion to our program and kept internal conflict at a minimum.  That type of cohesion seemed to be lacking in Wolford's veteran staff.

So what is your preference?  Obviously the coordinators need to be veterans, but do you prefer a staff of position coaches dominated by retreads with experience or neophytes with ambition?

ValleyTalk

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2015, 08:18:22 PM »
Congrats Coach Sims!

@PantherLair: Confirmed: YSU asst. HC/DL coach - and Pitt alum - Tom Sims will be #Pitt's DL coach.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2015, 10:27:08 AM »
Congrats Coach Sims!

@PantherLair: Confirmed: YSU asst. HC/DL coach - and Pitt alum - Tom Sims will be #Pitt's DL coach.

Congratulations Coach Sims.
Big loss for YSU
I hope his replacement will be equally as good.  Will see what YSU can bring to the table.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2015, 11:51:09 AM »
I'm hearing maybe RB's coach Ron Brown following Pelini from Nebraska.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2015, 01:55:29 PM »
I'm hearing maybe RB's coach Ron Brown following Pelini from Nebraska.

Would be good hire, known as a tough guy. Came here to the Mooney camp with Stoops and Pelini. I know that Coach M likes to work the backs, but Brown is really more of a TE/WR coach.