Author Topic: Assistant Coaches  (Read 120724 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Assistant Coaches
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2015, 01:48:44 PM »
Drug heaven. Opposing recruiters will have a field day. This will come back to bite them.

I told you it was going  to be a comedy.  Many laughs still on the way.
I couldn't agree more. It's just amazing how most people on this board can turn their heads when it comes to issues surrounding Bo, Brown, or Carl like nothing has ever happened. Now go lead our young men at Y.S.U. to victory please !!

I am not turning my head. I am saying that if we bring in Carl ...I really do not know his ability. I do know that Retskis is solid. If I had my choice, I would hire neither; or Pete and not Carl.  (BTW: I was under the impression that it was weed, not Coke. Was there not party videos with them posing holding a joint?).

Brown is a non-issue. I am more concerned with his coaching ability than any social issues.

Bo is an awesome hire ...can do nothing but help the program. If he cannot handle the play-off level, he will not be here. His concentration on local recruits is a plus and if his ability is "as advertised" will not be a concern. I have had enough of recruits that have the tangibles, but lack ability. Any negativism from Bo's former employer is made nonsensical by the 10-years they kept him.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:50:10 PM by IAA Fan »

Spiderlegs

« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2015, 05:13:57 PM »
Hate to say it, but Paladin is right. Second chances I get, but the blatant nepotism would be embarrassing to the university.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2015, 06:30:54 PM »
My understanding is it was NOT weed. yOu snort what he supposedly did. I also understand it was shared. It was widespread and ongoing as Was discovered. University tried to hide it all ( and it was ugly ) and just get Pete and him out, quietly. The option was there for HARD time on drug charges and they opted for the quiet route. He isn't hirable anywhere (exceptYSU). People are nuts trying to change the subject. Stay on point. If you are a parent, you want your kid playing for a coach with a drug background ? Jesus Christ,it's now pathetic here.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2015, 06:39:16 PM »
Btw players who use drugs are thrown off the team. Now we are hiring coaches instead ? The program is a laughing stock

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2015, 07:52:08 PM »
Seems to me that Bo is having trouble finding a D-Line coach if he is considering Carl....

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2015, 07:55:47 PM »
You make valid point Paladin, but you lack credibility. In part, because you make too much out of things. Just say you would prefer the university not hire him ..I think everyone would agree. As usual, what you are saying is obvious to blind mouse.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2015, 08:03:50 PM »
As for the nepotism ...there is not a quality program in the nation that does not have it and I would not have it any other way at YSU. Look at the Southwest Conference. Countless millions going out to recruits/players and it took how many decades to find out? Sometimes what people know WILL hurt them.

Also, you have NO IDEA what went on at FAU, so why do you act as though you do? Furthermore I resent your calling my university a laughing-stock. If that is the case, then this must be the pot and the kettle. As far as I can see, Carl is not a coach at this point. I might add that you ignore some obvious facts about the case. First of all there is no case. Secondly, Carl asked that his resignation be withdrawn and the University president agreed. There was a photo taken at a party of him having weed ...not coke. (to me one is as bad as the other, just pointing out facts). The letter terminating Carl Pelini's FAU employment was for failure to report possible improper (not illegal) conduct of a fellow staff member. Thirdly, Pete is the defensive coordinator at Rhode Island. So don't forget to call them a laughing stock as well.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:27:54 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2015, 09:20:36 PM »
Seems to me that Bo is having trouble finding a D-Line coach if he is considering Carl....

why
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline k9_r

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2015, 11:16:54 AM »
Carl has applied to various high schools in and around Lincoln and can't even land a job as a assistant..that should tell you about everything you need to know. My view on Bo Pelini will not change untill he apologizes for the use of vulgarities towards women. If those tapes were released sooner he's more then likely not the head coach today. The fact that Tressel had a chance to act before he was under contract is another story. Believe it or not Bo's past character issue's cost him alot of quality recruits in this year's class. The same can be said for the difficulty with putting together the staff. I've ask myself the question what is the most important thing here..everyone else should as well
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 11:26:42 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2015, 11:52:47 AM »
Carl has applied to various high schools in and around Lincoln and can't even land a job as a assistant..that should tell you about everything you need to know. My view on Bo Pelini will not change untill he apologizes for the use of vulgarities towards women. If those tapes were released sooner he's more then likely not the head coach today. The fact that Tressel had a chance to act before he was under contract is another story. Believe it or not Bo's past character issue's cost him alot of quality recruits in this year's class. The same can be said for the difficulty with putting together the staff. I've ask myself the question what is the most important thing here..everyone else should as well

Use of certain words in the English language has nothing to do with a person's character.   It could in some cases but you would be placing astereotype on those people.   Some comedians use vulgar language all the time.  Does that make themaybe bad characters?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2015, 12:28:10 PM »
When it's done in front of student/athlete's it does. I'm sure several player's at Y.S.U. have a special place in their hearts for their mother's, sister's and girlfriend's..Y.S.U. has been in full damage control mode since day one..If you haven't noticed lately Ron Jaworski has been on campus a great deal as of late..praising the hiring of Bo on behalf of the campus officials as Nebraska's loss and Y.S.U.'s gain..trying to earn back the respect of women through out the university...wake up people

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2015, 05:19:44 PM »
Boy am I glad I did not apply for the YSU head fb job!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2015, 05:45:15 PM »
I'll just drop this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOdsAcgbJGM

That is hilarious! Did not know Carl was such a good actor. Although it is not going to change my mind, it shows a human side of him.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2015, 07:41:31 PM »
Drug heaven. Opposing recruiters will have a field day. This will come back to bite them.

Win and opposing recruiters will be left out in the field.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:42:33 PM by ScarletRook »