Author Topic: Press Conference Quotes:  (Read 20561 times)

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Press Conference Quotes:
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »
One guy is not going to change the program around.  It takes an entire team of assistants and players.  The good thing is that Bo knows what he wants and needs to get us to where he and we want to go.  After thinking about this for a few days I think that I am beginning to understand that Bo's passion for winning is so high that he doesn't care as much where he is coaching as much as he wants the organizational support there to ensure he has a chance to win.  Based on Bo's perception, it doesn't sound like he had the support at NU (Bo is so "to the point" that I totally believe him too).   Some of these guy have really ultra competitive streaks and I think he is one of them.  He will set the tone, but the coordinators will be a challenge for the pay range and Bo may need to be more hands on here.

I also watched his opening remarks when he was hired at Nebraska.  He made similar comments then as he did this week at YSU.  He spoke of the administration (mainly Tom Osborne) as being supportive, knowing football and having him as a sounding board and mentor. He made those same comments in regards to having Jim Tressel here at YSU. 

As soon as Osborne left it the atmosphere at Nebraska must have changed dramatically, just as any business that changed owners or management would change. 

Z