Author Topic: Announcement Tomorrow - Pelini  (Read 33706 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement Tomorrow - Pelini
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2014, 03:41:54 PM »
Heads up, Red. You are going to get a peek  in this years Red-White game as to what is going to happen with the QB position.  I will, of course, have my usual pre-season prediction in hand. I'll try to keep it humorous   because it will be.   8)

Can't wait.. I always enjoy your pre-season prediction  :D

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2014, 07:37:02 PM »
Cafaro corporate jet going to pick him up today in Lincoln:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N523WC

It is set to leave YNG at 2:40pm.

Are Sciortino, Yavorcik and McNally on the flight crew?  Stewards?  I know Sciortino would be perfect as the Wine Sommelier.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2014, 07:38:35 PM »
Maybe all the Mooney fans will now realize that there is another team that plays in town and will come to games on Saturdays to support one of their own.

We need a "like" button......but don't look now, Mooney crowds are down, down, down, no where near what they were when they had the dream team which lost to uhhhhhhh  Coldwater.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2014, 08:33:40 PM »
Unless you are an idiot...you have to admit this is a great hire...almost a coup! As for his success? Give him a chance! A game has yet to be played! Quit with all the negativivity....that's what detracts from spirit and fanbase support.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2014, 08:41:14 PM »
Unless you are an idiot...you have to admit this is a great hire...almost a coup! As for his success? Give him a chance! A game has yet to be played! Quit with all the negativivity....that's what detracts from spirit and fanbase support.

I will be very interested in seeing the line up of assistant coaches.
The negativity comes from years of frustration, but you are right.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2014, 09:33:53 PM »
Also, the comments on ESPN.com and now CBSSportsline are not exactly flattering toward YSU. Tells you how much the luster from the 90's has been lost. One person on CBSSportsline commented:
"What? Was the gig at Slippery Rock not available?

"lmao...i wouldn't even take that job" ... another from CBS Sportsline

Comments from ESPN:
"That's like Wall Street to walmart."

"He couldn't do any better than Youngstown State?"

"youngstown power house since when? lol .. they were good with Tersel at helm thats about it ..Also Pelini didnt know how to head a team or hire correct asst is were the blackshirts went had the talent didnt know how to use it."

You forgot to mention the positive comments!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Lets_Talk

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2014, 12:49:27 AM »
First off, congrats to Buddy for figuring out I'm female. I made that a hard one by having my first name and last initial at the bottom of every post.  :o

kforbs, SoupCity and others unhappy with me. You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. As for posts the length of a book, what can I say. Posting on here is like talking, and you know us chicks when it comes to talking and complaining.... "blah, blah, blah, blah......blah, blah,blah... wah, wah, wah..." ::) ;)

As for me not giving Pelini a chance, well, people who think that do not have very good reading comprehension. I NEVER said he will fail at YSU. What I have said several times is I think expectations for him at YSU will be unrealistic. Everyone can say that will not be the case now, as this is the "honeymoon phase". But, let YSU lost to PITT by 14-21 points.... then later in the year, lose to NDSU and one other game. That would be 8-3/6-2. Likely good enough for the playoffs. Yet, I guarantee there will be people grumbling if such a scenario were to play out.

8-3/6-2 and not champs of MVFC would likely mean not being a Top 8 seed. YSU hosts 1st round game and wins, then goes on road and loses to say one of the Top 4 seeds. 9-4, playoffs and a win in the playoffs. To me, that would be a solid first season. Would be vast improvement from last 8 years, and all but the 06 season over the last 14 years. But, it is MY OPINION that people will see that as failure. Both fans of YSU, and people outside of Y-town that knocked Bo for not being able to win Conference Titles or "Big Games".

Let's be real. As great as it sounds to say he wanted to come home, he wants his kids to go to Mooney, he and his wife have family here, the reason he is at YSU is he got fired from Nebraska. Had he been able to please the fans and powers that be at Nebraska, I highly doubt he would have left Nebraska on his own to return to Ytown and send his kids to Mooney.

I have known Bo since 5th grade. I know he is NOT the a$$ people make him out to be. Bo is a good guy. Bo is highly intelligent. Bo is a good coach, especially when it comes to defense. For the most part, players like playing for him. He has the backs of his assistant coaches, if anything to a fault. He may well have been able to save his own job at Nebraska had he been willing to sacrifice some of his assistant coaches. He has anger issues when it comes to competition. He has been that way since he was a kid. Hates to lose. And, to me, as a coach, he hates to lose as much or more for his players than for himself. Losing means he let the players and staff down. Yes, he swears. All adults swear. Even Tressel swears, and he was caught on TV saying "FU##" during an OSU game. Still remember laughing, because it was actually caught on camera.

I hope Bo has success at YSU. I hope people back there do flock to Stambaugh Stadium. I hope people do give him time, and realize he is trying to build something at YSU. And, if he leaves after 2,3,4,5 years to take a job as HC at an FBS program, I hope people do not trash him. He is only obligated to coach YSU for however long he is under contract. Even then, there will no doubt be a clause stating he will owe X amount of $$$$ if leaving before a certain date. And, if fired(not something I expect), then YSU will owe Bo money.

I hope this clears up some things for those of you who think I'm not being supportive. This is a discussion board. I like to debate and discuss a whole host of topics. On here, the topic happens to be sports. I do not like the Ytown area. Made the mistake on 2 occasions when younger of moving back there to be closer to my family. So, I get that part. Actually, only 1 was a true mistake, as the other time I moved back from Cleveland. My wife and I now live in Vegas and this is the best place for us(yes, 2 females married is allowed here). I miss my brother, niece and nephew. With the rest of my family, being able to talk on the phone is enough.

As for jobs and money, I turned down jobs in the past that would have paid me more than I was making, because the stress and all that came with the job would not have been worth it. Even took a demotion both in job title and pay on another occasion because of the stress and unrealistic expectations of the higher paid position. So, I understand things from that perspective as well.

Oh, I forgot. From time to time, I can be a bit crazy and even a b!tch. One because I have mental health issues, second because of all the years spent in Youngstown, and lastly because of being female. I will let a meme of Sheldon Cooper sum it up for all of you dudes  :D

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 01:08:14 AM by Lets_Talk »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »
Does anyone have the agenda for today?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2014, 11:34:44 AM »
They just finished up the press conference: He's doing 1 on 1 interviews with the media now and then he is meeting with BOT and the current staff today. Said his wife is out looking for homes in the area.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2014, 11:43:14 AM »
They just finished up the press conference: He's doing 1 on 1 interviews with the media now and then he is meeting with BOT and the current staff today. Said his wife is out looking for homes in the area.
I watched that also. He said he initiated the contact with YSU thru a mutual friend to see if YSU had any interests for him to come here..... Interesting. He also said he didn't plan to leave after a few years. Otherwise, he would have selected other options. That was pretty much what Tressel said when he spoke to the faculty/staff during his interview for the presidency.