Author Topic: Announcement Tomorrow - Pelini  (Read 33686 times)

Lets_Talk

Re: Announcement Tomorrow - Pelini
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 01:21:25 PM »
Listen. We all know why he came back home. Pressure. Word is that he and his wife had no social life. After games they went straight home. Here he and his wife can be seen in public and proud of the fact they are from the YO. All he had to do is win at a level He thinks he can win at. Make a ton of money from Nebraska and live a good life here. Big time football is not what it is cracked up to be. 9-3 at Nebraska!! 9-3 here and he is a winner!!

Go Guins!!

Pelini has not won a single game yet at YSU. The jury is still out on whether this will be a great hire.  9-3 in a 12 game season or 8-3 in an 11 game season is not going to be good enough at YSU. Especially not if it means losing to NDSU, SDSU, UNI and losing the "money game" every year. Also will not be good enough if no MVFC Titles, and no FCS titles. People are going to expect Tressel like success, something I do not even think Tressel could duplicate again. The guy from EKU could likely come her and win 8 games in an 11 game season, 9 in a 12 game season, get to the playoffs and win 1 game then lose. Pelini is NOT being hired to go 9-3 or 8-3. He is being hired to win MVFC Titles. To win FCS Championships.

Earle Bruce went 5-6 in 1 season at UNI after being fired by OSU. He then went 22-24-1 in 4 seasons at Colorado State with 1 winning season. In 9 years at OSU, Bruce was 81-26-1, won 4 Big to Titles, had 6 seasons of 9-3, one of 10-3, one of 11-1 and was 6-5 in his final year. OSU went 5-3 in Bowl Games.

John Robinson was 28-42 at UNLV in 6 years, with ONE winning season, and one trip to a bowl game. And he is in the College Football Hall of Fame. Look at Akron with Terry Bowden. New Mexico with Bob Davie. Kansas with Charlie Weiss. OU is nothing special with Frank Solich. Better than before Solich, but that is not saying much.

YSU is NOT an elite FCS program any longer. They are not even an elite team in the MVFC. Hopefully that will change with Pelini as HC, but there is no guarantee. And, after 9 years in the NFL, then 12 years at Nebraska, LSU and Oklahoma, this is going to be a HUGE drop in terms of facilities, budget, the way the team travels, size of crowds at games, quantity of equipment and many, many other things. Call me negative, call me a hater, call me what you wish. Just pointing out facts, and pointing out simply hiring Bo Pelini does not make YSU the favorite to win the MVFC next year, let alone the NC, yet alot of people will be expecting that level of success.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »
"YSU is NOT an elite FCS program any longer. They are not even an elite team in the MVFC. Hopefully that will change with Pelini as HC, but there is no guarantee. And, after 9 years in the NFL, then 12 years at Nebraska, LSU and Oklahoma, this is going to be a HUGE drop in terms of facilities, budget, the way the team travels, size of crowds at games, quantity of equipment and many, many other things. Call me negative, call me a hater, call me what you wish. Just pointing out facts, and pointing out simply hiring Bo Pelini does not make YSU the favorite to win the MVFC next year, let alone the NC, yet alot of people will be expecting that level of success."

Nobody here is saying that YSU is elite on the FCS level or the MVFC. The goal is to become elite again.  His 2 predecessors couldn't do it.  Give him his chance.

If he does become wildly successful at YSU and then leaves, you'll probably b**** about that as well. 

And yes, I'm calling you out for burying the guy before he even steps into Ohio again.

kforbs126

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 01:37:28 PM »
I don't know why Let's Talk needs to write a book every time he posts and yet talks sh*t about the Youngstown area.  Sorry but saying that makes you sound very douchy.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 01:39:37 PM »
And quit putting your spewed BS in multiple threads.  I'm getting tired of reading your sh**.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 01:44:37 PM »
Go guins! That is all.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
Welcome Bo ...get it done!

ps: I have a more simple first request. I know that you did it in Nebraska, but please ...no American flag when running on the field ...this is the North. Bring back the Penguin Kamikaze flags.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »
I hope he is the right guy for the job.

Either way a good shot in the arm for the program. Gets our name out there and gets the valley talking.

I would imagine this would minimize transfers as well.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 02:16:48 PM »
I hope he is the right guy for the job.

Either way a good shot in the arm for the program. Gets our name out there and gets the valley talking.

I would imagine this would minimize transfers as well.

He's the right guy.. Pictures don't lie  ;D

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2014, 02:24:43 PM »
I don't know why Let's Talk needs to write a book every time he posts and yet talks sh*t about the Youngstown area.  Sorry but saying that makes you sound very douchy.

Lets Talk is a girl that is why!!

Lets_Talk

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
Soupcity,

Only way I will be back is to visit family. And, to be totally honest, I'd prefer they come out here for a vacation and visit us, rather than go back there. Another way would be for funeral for family member, or when my niece and nephew get older and if one day they decide to get married, and do so in the Ytown area.

I graduated from YSU. Am proud to be a graduate of YSU. Wish all of the teams and school the best of success. AS for that entire area, and that entire part of the country, it is a craphole and about 30-40 years behind the times. It's as if the 80's are still alive and well back there.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2014, 02:49:58 PM »
Well, if true, I'm already on record here saying that this will be a fun gig. First this guy's mouth will have his foot stuck in it often. Second, you'll get to see how different it is to coach at a Nebraska with all their money, coaches and facilities to coaching at YSU with little money, lesser coaches and a near empty facility. Third. Many thinb  he is good for 9 wins a season every year as he did at Big Red. Ain't going to happen.  Its critical what happens in hiring a new staff and in fact, they will go up or down in winning just on this alone next year. I'm still laughing recalling Pelini daring the Big Red to fire him last year on TV and in the media. They didn't , of course, until one season later. ;D 

Pelini had the advantage of working at   Nebraska while they were still in a  weak  league . The Big 12 was easy for wins. Ditto the B1G West Division. Yet when he played good teams, he not only lost, they got blown out which is what turned most fans against him. He will be nothing here unless he can get some good  assistants around him. And the talent level here is a drop off. So, all things considered, it should be a fun gig with his short fuse, big mouth, delusional  local fans  and the reality of YSU playing in the MVFC.

It may rival John Klacik.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2014, 02:54:56 PM »
Well, if true, I'm already on record here saying that this will be a fun gig. First this guy's mouth will have his foot stuck in it often. Second, you'll get to see how different it is to coach at a Nebraska with all their money, coaches and facilities to coaching at YSU with little money, lesser coaches and a near empty facility. Third. Many thinb  he is good for 9 wins a season every year as he did at Big Red. Ain't going to happen.  Its critical what happens in hiring a new staff and in fact, they will go up or down in winning just on this alone next year. I'm still laughing recalling Pelini daring the Big Red to fire him last year on TV and in the media. They didn't , of course, until one season later. ;D 

Pelini had the advantage of working at   Nebraska while they were still in a  weak  league . The Big 12 was easy for wins. Ditto the B1G West Division. Yet when he played good teams, he not only lost, they got blown out which is what turned most fans against him. He will be nothing here unless he can get some good  assistants around him. And the talent level here is a drop off. So, all things considered, it should be a fun gig with his short fuse, big mouth, delusional  local fans  and the reality of YSU playing in the MVFC.

It may rival John Klacik.  ;D ;D ;D

Shoot Pally... This will be a good hire until YSU can get you and all your knowledge on QB's  ::)

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »
Heads up, Red. You are going to get a peek  in this years Red-White game as to what is going to happen with the QB position.  I will, of course, have my usual pre-season prediction in hand. I'll try to keep it humorous   because it will be.   8)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:15:29 PM by paladin »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »
Maybe all the Mooney fans will now realize that there is another team that plays in town and will come to games on Saturdays to support one of their own.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2014, 03:34:44 PM »
Maybe all the Mooney fans will now realize that there is another team that plays in town and will come to games on Saturdays to support one of their own.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^