Author Topic: Horizon League Opener Thursday at UWM  (Read 3217 times)

ValleyTalk

Horizon League Opener Thursday at UWM
« on: December 30, 2013, 09:33:22 PM »
Of all the teams I despise in the league, UWM is at the top. Their fan base thinks they are still "the sh**" when their showings in recent years completely contradict that belief. We have won 4 straight vs. them.

They are 10-4. Should be a tough challenge, but if Amiker can play the way he did yesterday, we definitely have a great chance to win.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Horizon League Opener Thursday at UWM
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:15:41 PM »
Wright State is at the top of my list, but UWM is not far behind.

I agree on Amiker.  Guins need a few guys to step up on a consistent basis.  Amiker certainly has the tools to do it.

The various computer models all have UWM as the favorite in the 3 1/2 - 5 point range.

Pomeroy projects 80-76 with YSU having a 35% chance to win.

Massey projects 78-73 with YSU at 31%.

Sagarin has the teams ranked 146 (UWM) and 147 (YSU) which makes the 3.67 point home court advantage as the margin.

Dunkel has UWM ranked about 3 1/4 points higher than YSU - can't figure out his home court advantage.

UWM has two wins over Pomeroy top 200 schools.  Best win is over top 100 UNI.  Also have a win over top 200 Davidson.  For comparison YSU has wins over top 200 Eastern Kentucky and Robert Morris.

UWM has a bad loss to Loyola in the season opener.  Other losses were to DePaul, Wisconsin and Northeastern.  YSU has the bad losses to UMKC and Austin Peay.

Pomeroy has YSU one of six league teams projected at 8-8.  Only UWGB (11-5), Cleveland State (10-6) and UIC (4-12) are projected at other than 8-8.  While the numbers don't quite add up due to rounding, the point is the league may have more parity than it has had.  Take care of business at home and win a few on the road is the key to success.  This would be a great place for YSU to get one of those road wins.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 10:28:07 AM »
Wright State has some of the worst fans in the country. Whenever I go to the YSU / WSU game in Dayton their fans make fun of FCS football like it's something to be ashamed of. But you know they would die to have a team and are jealous of our football success.

Would be nice to take this one vs. Milwaukee. Will be tough.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 12:21:56 PM »
Indy,

Please check your personal messages here on this forum.  I have somehow misplaced your private email address.