Author Topic: Basketball vs zips  (Read 7248 times)

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Basketball vs zips
« on: November 12, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »
Down 41-36 at half.  Getting beat on the boards and on 50 -50 balls.   We lack  physical strength against teams with size.  Transfer Rahim Williams looks like a nice pickup.  He had an 180 degree dunk in the paint which was one of the best dunks I've seen from a Penguin.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball vs zips
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 10:06:23 PM »
Call me shocked.  we win 90-82.  Zips favored to win the MAC.   Cam Morse is a stud.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 10:31:48 PM »
Call me shocked.  we win 90-82.  Zips favored to win the MAC.   Cam Morse is a stud.
Good win. The team is very quick and athletic. I am looking forward to watching the games this year. You are right. Morse reminds me of Kendrick Perry.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 10:47:05 PM »
That was an outstanding win for this program. What a second half defensively which allowed us to get some breathing room. How about those dunks late, the alley oop and Haywood's "Jordanesque" dunk!?

Go Guins!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 07:55:53 AM »
ditto ditto ditto.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 01:06:23 PM »
WOW! What a comeback. I turned the game off at half, but was pleasantly surprised to see the final was 90- 82. Great win, keep up the good perforance.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 09:52:21 AM »
How could this possibly happen with the worst coach in the history of coaching? 
C'mon guys, fill me in.  I thought Slocom couldn't recruit a single player and if somebody stumbled into the lockeroom, Slocum would ruin his ability to play?
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 09:59:42 AM »
  I was at the game Saturday night, and I was very impressed with YSU, they are much more athletic, and the Penguins had the best player on the court.  Very much improved.

I think the above comment was sarcasm, and actually defending Slocum, please don't go there.  His time here has been a disaster, look at the record, bottom line, the program remains irrelevant under his leadership.

Our two high profile programs, football and men's basketball, has two of the most miserable people running them  Pelini and Slocum don't like people, and avoid interaction at all times.  That is an issue.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:00:34 AM by YSUFANSINCE1990 »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 10:22:17 AM »
  I was at the game Saturday night, and I was very impressed with YSU, they are much more athletic, and the Penguins had the best player on the court.  Very much improved.

I think the above comment was sarcasm, and actually defending Slocum, please don't go there.  His time here has been a disaster, look at the record, bottom line, the program remains irrelevant under his leadership.

Our two high profile programs, football and men's basketball, has two of the most miserable people running them  Pelini and Slocum don't like people, and avoid interaction at all times.  That is an issue.

Of course I was being sarcastic, which is a method of communication that is frequently lost on the less intelligent, sorry.

But you are being confusing and hypocritical

" I was very impressed with YSU"
Followed by
" the program remains irrelevant under his leadership."

Sounds like you want to hate Coach Slocum and don't have anything to hate him about.  I don't think there is a coach going that hates people, it just isn't in their makeup.  HOWEVER I do think they are a bunch of coachs that don't like the media and hateful bloggers, which is what you may be referring to.  Frankly, I'm OK with that.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 10:25:27 AM »
Go Guins ...you need to use your  ;)  People are not unintelligent, just looking for standard protocol.

This is a forum, not a novel where you have had several best-sellers with a reputation for sarcasm ...and 200-pages around it. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:27:46 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 10:28:23 AM »
I enjoyed the game, reminds me how fun basketball can be in person, especially when you are playing a rival.  If YSU would do well in basketball Beeghly would be packed.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »
Go Guins ...you need to use your  ;)  People are not unintelligent, just looking for standard protocol.

This is a forum, not a novel where you have had several best-sellers with a reputation for sarcasm ...and 200-pages around it.

I'm not the least bit aware of what you are talking about.  Standard protocol?  Novels? 200 pages? 
IF you are saying all your bloggers are intelligent people, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree!  Frankly I sense you sometimes get frustrated with all the coach hating from some of your bloggers.  I remember Vince Lombardi and his "if you block better and tackle better than your opponent you will usually win".  But at YSU, if every play doesn't score a TD or a basket, it is because the OC is terrible, or the HC is terrible.  It gets tiring.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 03:31:10 PM »
I thought it was the best win for the program in quite some time...even better than last year's wins over Oakland and Green Bay.  It was a good atmosphere...would be nice to see that for every home game. 

I felt the turning point of the game was late in the first half when was YSU was down 11 and went on that 6-0 run to close it to 5 at the half.  That past two years that would have went the other way.  Was nice to see them go into the half with momentum and carried that into the second half, which they pretty much controlled.  If Morse had made that layup and surprisingly not missed all 3 of his foul shots it wouldn't even have been close as it was. 

Tough break losing Umude, but Rahim Williams was very impressive.  When Santiago plays well it usually bodes well for YSU, and I thought Frantz and Haygood did a good job off the bench. 

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 04:56:42 PM »
Mudclods,good point on Frantz.  Brett came off the bench and scrapped his butt off.  He hit a couple shots and had some rebounds.  Last year he was a guy that didn't produce so hopefully he can continue at this level of play.

It's only one game so I don't want to get too high but in the past we usually crumbled in games like this.