Author Topic: Penn State Head Coach Patrick Chambers Q&A  (Read 2294 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Penn State Head Coach Patrick Chambers Q&A
« on: November 24, 2011, 08:55:51 AM »
Q: You were up by 21 and then the lead was cut to nine. Was it a lack of energy? How did Blake Allen and Kendrick Perry contribute for Youngstown State?

A: I would say those two kids are pretty good. I knew they were better than that in the first half. I watched those guys on tape. They were really talented. They can really shoot the ball. That's the same team that beat a good Butler team last year in February. We didn't take them lightly at all. I think they just play harder and (Blake Allen) and (Kendrick Perry), 7-for-12 and 5-for-8. That's impressive. They made some tough shots. It wasn't easy. They made contested shots. There's a lot to learn hear on how to put teams away but let's give (Youngstown State) some credit.

Q: Can you comment on the defense as whole?

A: If you think about it (Blake Allen) and (Kendrick Perry) hit some tough shots at the end of the shot clock. So we played 25-26 seconds of the shot clock doing a pretty good job and they hit big- time shots. Our defense is coming. I think we took a step, but I knew it was going to be a 40 minute game. I knew Youngstown wasn't going to go away. I read up on their coach, he's a terrific coach. He's firey, he's a great leader. He didn't come in here to lose, that's why he got a technical in the first 2 minutes. Trying to motivate his team a little bit, I give him a lot of credit.