Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: YSU to Name Ethan Faulkner MBB Coach!
« Last post by YsuPride on Today at 12:02:38 AM »
At Curbstone Coaches Faulkner says we needed 1 more power forward and another point guard.  The 2 guards we signed are scoring guards.
« Last post by ucfpengbuck on May 28, 2024, 07:41:31 PM »
With Cris Carroll on the upcoming roster has anyone heard any other names we are recruiting for next year.  We need another point guard and possibly a walk-on big guy say 6-8 or similar size.  We are set at center and shooting guards just need more forwards. Anyone here anything??
[/quot

Pride,I think we're good at point guard.  I heard that David Wilkerson was in line to start at pg last season but got hurt and with the addition of Ty Harper and Jason Nelson that gives us three to man the position. 

The need is a guy similar to DJ Burns who can rebound and score inside.   Maybe they have that on the roster now and i'm not seeing it.   Looks like there are 12 on scholarship and there's room for one more unless a walkon gets put on scholarship.

I read  that as of today 49% of all transfers are still uncommitted.   No clue who the staff is in on but I'm excited an optimistic of what they accomplished so far.
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: YSU Baseball
« Last post by YsuPride on May 28, 2024, 02:21:23 PM »
Website does not have baseball coaches listed anymore.   Probably being let go or resigned.
« Last post by YsuPride on May 28, 2024, 02:15:37 PM »
Yes we do.
YSU Penguin Athletics / Solarin Advances to NCAAs On Record-Setting Day
« Last post by IAA Fan on May 28, 2024, 10:42:05 AM »
Lexington, Ky. – Youngstown State's Esther Solarin qualified for the NCAA Championships in the triple jump as part of a record-setting day for the women's program at the Kentucky Track and Field Facility.

Solarin capped off the NCAA East Prelims by finishing seventh in the triple jump with a school-record leap of 13.09m in near perfect conditions.

Competing in flight three, Solarin had her NCAA-qualifying attempt on her first jump. Her mark of 13.09m vaulted her into the fourth place and she only fell three spots after that jump.

On her final two attempts she jumped 12.56m and 12.37m.

Earlier in the afternoon, Molly Radcliffe uncorked a record-setting mark in the discus. Radcliffe's final toss of the event went for 52.90m. That mark boosted her into fourth place following the first two flights. Following the results of the final flight, which included some of the top throwers in the nation, she placed a strong 18th place.

Luke Laubacher and Solarin will represent YSU in the NCAA Championships in Eugene, Oregon. Lubacher will compete in the 110m hurdles on June 5 while Solarin's triple jump is on June 8.
« Last post by Double ET on May 28, 2024, 08:36:25 AM »
With Cris Carroll on the upcoming roster has anyone heard any other names we are recruiting for next year.  We need another point guard and possibly a walk-on big guy say 6-8 or similar size.  We are set at center and shooting guards just need more forwards. Anyone here anything??
We need forward who can do layups (finish at the ream) and make 10 foot jump shots.
« Last post by YsuPride on May 28, 2024, 08:04:25 AM »
« Last post by IAA Fan on May 27, 2024, 09:59:59 AM »
Ironically, for Akron Kent put major effort into both golf and baseball. Although their baseball team has not been so good since they lost that last coach, he took them to the college World Series and boom he was gone, but they’re still always very good. You would think schools like Youngstown and Akron would take advantage of the recruiting ability because of Kent. I mean Kent cannot afford to recruit all of the top baseball players in the area and I’m told, although I’ve never been there, that Kent’s New Golf facility is pretty impressive. Has anybody out there seen it?
« Last post by Penquin68 on May 27, 2024, 08:12:10 AM »
Akron dropped baseball a few year ago along with men's golf. They have since brought baseball back and even had a donner who financed ASTRO turf on their field.

All the local colleges are in trouble financially.  Not enough high school graduates to keep enrollment up to support many low enrollment majors and athletics. Cleveland State is setting aside millions for faculty by outs as they cut low enrollment programs. We have also cut some programs trying to avert financial problems. There are many issues and I feel we are fortunate to have the sports we have in the current financial reality.
« Last post by PENS16 on May 26, 2024, 07:44:20 PM »
Wick is right on the money as usual. Until we know what is our baseball budget is it is tough to make comparisons. I’m just glad that we still have baseball in our budget. With the challenging landscape of college sports, to still have football, men’s and women basketball, track and field, baseball and softball is a credit to the university. I wish we would we competitive year in and year out in all our sports, but at least year round I can find a sport to root for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10