Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Nice, congrats!
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: Football tickets
« Last post by guinpen on Today at 05:38:01 PM »
got them the other day
YSU Penguin Athletics / Re: Oliver signed UDFA with Tennessee
« Last post by Double ET on Today at 02:05:05 PM »
It makes sense if he's getting paid. It makes sense since we continue to recruit and field D2/3 quarterbacks. However, I could be wrong but I don't see him lighting up the big house on the field.

I have read that was quoted somewhere about minimum nil $$ for Ohio State players were $38k. We really couldn’t blame the fcs player to move up the fbs for nil $$ alone, not to mention getting possible playing time for big time football.
The downside, obviously would be the lack of playing time (became a bench rider) minimizing the possibility of exposure to reach the next level.

Either way, I wish nothing but the best for the young man to receive an opportunity to get a scholarship in addition to nil $$ and to be part of the national championship program.
« Last post by goodnews on Today at 01:07:29 PM »
It makes sense if he's getting paid. It makes sense since we continue to recruit and field D2/3 quarterbacks. However, I could be wrong but I don't see him lighting up the big house on the field. 
YSU Penguin Athletics / Football tickets
« Last post by IAA Fan on Today at 09:50:45 AM »
Did everybody get their ticket and tailgate renewal forms? Also, the penguin club renewal came through in the mail.
« Last post by YSUGO on Today at 08:59:23 AM »
Like I said with NIL, the transfer rules, it will be tough to keep core guys. In this case their was a YSU connection at Michigan a with our lack of established QB it truly does make sense.
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2024/05/01/cj-charleston-transfer-michigan-football-wolverines-youngstown-state-stats-college-football/73532570007/
« Last post by goodnews on Today at 01:55:26 AM »
Not sure how that makes sense? Not to mentioned he is listed as ONLY 6ft! Maybe he is making the move for money? My concern would be he recognizes there isn't a QB on the roster that can get him the ball?  Hope I'm wrong but the future looks grim for YSU with the mass exodus of talent via the portal.  We have turned in to a feeder program for the big boys to add depth.
« Last post by 33Y0 on Today at 12:18:13 AM »
Cj Charleston I hear is transferring to Michigan?  Can anyone confirm that?
Yes he announced it on Twitter.
« Last post by YsuPride on May 01, 2024, 09:21:19 PM »
Cj Charleston I hear is transferring to Michigan?  Can anyone confirm that?
YSU Penguin Athletics / Gehring Named Under Armour #HLBASE Pitcher of the Week
« Last post by IAA Fan on May 01, 2024, 08:08:56 AM »
Youngstown State junior right-hander Jacob Gehring has been named the Under Armour Horizon League Pitcher of the Week, the league office announced on Tuesday.

Gehring tossed his first-career complete game and the first by a Penguins pitcher in nearly two years to help lead YSU to a 10-4 series opening victory over Oakland at Eastwood Field on Friday. The Canfield, Ohio, native threw 108 pitches while scattering eight hits and walking one. He struck out five batters, and Oakland's four runs came on three home runs. Gehring retired the side in order in the sixth and eighth innings as he blanked the Golden Grizzlies in six different frames.

Gehring leads the Penguins with three wins, 40 strikeouts, 55.1 innings pitched and 11 starts through the first 11 weeks of the 2024 season. The junior right-hander also ranks tied for fifth in the Horizon League with 55.1 innings pitched.

Youngstown State will return to action on Friday to begin a three-game Horizon League series at Northern Kentucky at 2 p.m. The Penguins and Norse will proceed to play on Saturday at 1 p.m. before closing the series on Sunday at noon.

For the latest news and updates throughout the 2024 season, follow @YSUBaseball on X and Instagram.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10