Author Topic: Stambaugh Stadium  (Read 2474 times)

Lets_Talk

Stambaugh Stadium
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:36:37 AM »
Slowly, Stambaugh Stadium keeps sliding down the list among FCS stadiums. It is a nice facility, but it still looks like a stadium that has not yet been finished.

Mosure Hall under the West Stands is such a great place to see the history of YSU football. But, how many people that sit on the East Side can or do make the trek over to Mosure Hall? Also, even if seating is not possible in the North End Zone at the present time, what about making the hill bigger, and allowing people to sit on the grass in the North End Zone. That was allowed in the 2000 season, and I watched part of the UNI game from on the hill. There was a concession trailer making hot sausage sandwiches, little kids playing catch, people sitting on blankets. Was a great atmosphere.

Until the West and East stands are actually connected, the stadium is going to be unfinished. Also, the East stands are just so small compared to the West Stands.

Stambaugh is still a good facility, but it is no longer among the top tier facilities in FCS.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Stambaugh Stadium
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 08:07:25 AM »
Also, even if seating is not possible in the North End Zone at the present time, what about making the hill bigger, and allowing people to sit on the grass in the North End Zone. That was allowed in the 2000 season, and I watched part of the UNI game from on the hill. There was a concession trailer making hot sausage sandwiches, little kids playing catch, people sitting on blankets. Was a great atmosphere.

I remember people watching the game from there. Good idea to do something there, kids can move around and play. Not sure if there would be a concern about getting boinked with the ball after a kick.

I am an east sider, have sat there since it opened and love it. Yes it is way small compared to the west side but not sure what could be done to correct.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Stambaugh Stadium
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 08:30:24 AM »
Stambaugh is still one of the best in FCS but we do need to address the appearance of it as you see if from 5th Ave.  It looks like a drab piece of cement.  School colors need added and more cosmetic stuff.  We do need to get new restrooms inside they are outdated and getting beat up.  I like the idea of sitting on the grass behind the end zone.  We also need a new scoreboard like yesterday.  Current one is pathetic!!  But where do we get the cash for all of this??