YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Women's Basketball!

<< < (2/36) > >>

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: Observer on November 18, 2014, 08:49:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on November 18, 2014, 07:16:40 PM ---Just beat Kent 68-49, AT Kent!!! First time since 1996! For such a young team, with an AWESOME recruiting class coming in next year..... Better get on board with Coach Barnes and Co.......

The only program that's really going anywhere!

Great job ladies!!!!

--- End quote ---

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone as everyone on this board seems to think the MAC is chump change compare to YSU.  This should be a gimme game for YSU.  Beating kent doesn't equal 2 All-Americans and a 3rd place finisher at the national meet, which I believe YSU's track and field team had last year.  Excitement is good.  But statements like this are just plain ridiculous.

--- End quote ---

It's a big deal because we have not beaten Kent in forever, men or women's basketball. As for my statement on the only program heading upward, I meant out of the 3 (Football, M- Baskeball, W- Basketball)

Wick250:
Kent State stinks, as did Niagara, so we need to curtail our enthusiasm until we see how we stack up in league play.  Nevertheless, there are encouraging signs.  Ball movement and scoring distribution have been really good.  We could not throw the ball into an ocean in the first sixteen minutes, yet finished the game shooting 50%.  More impressive to me was the defensive intensity against a team that was taller at virtually every position.  We battled them even on the boards.  Their 6'4" center was not a factor in the game.  A second tall player who scored ten against us in the first half got nothing after intermission.  Kent scored 11 points in the second half until garbage time started at 61-38 with about four minutes left.  Overall a promising and unexpected start from a ridiculously young team.

seanbryan3:
Always good to win!

Spiderlegs:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on November 18, 2014, 10:35:05 PM ---Kent State stinks, as did Niagara, so we need to curtail our enthusiasm until we see how we stack up in league play.  Nevertheless, there are encouraging signs. 

--- End quote ---

Yes, but we wouldn't classify these games as games that shouldn't be played. The OOC schedule turns out to be a very smart one for a young team that needs time to gel--the weaker teams are toward the beginning and the tougher teams cluster at the end of the OOC schedule. (Was this an accident or done on purpose?) I'm looking at this and thinking to myself that this team hasn't even hit its stride yet.

ysufan0505:
Ladies destroyed Radford 70-44 today to improve to 3-0 on the season! Bucknell coming up on Tuesday at home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version