YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Women's Basketball!

<< < (8/36) > >>

Spiderlegs:
Improved second half.  Defense and boxing out was slack at the end, but by then it was too late to matter. Much better win than yesterday.

Wick250:
Best thing about today was the play of Cash (13 points/5 rebounds) and Olson (10 points/9 rebounds.)  Walker is a good player, but she is also a foul magnet.  The reserve big people must be effective once we get into conference play.  We took a big step in that direction today.

ysufan0505:
6-0 ladies!!!! Keep it coming.

Spiderlegs:
The new RPI issued yesterday has the women at 42 in the country and two other Horizon teams in the top 50 (Green Bay and Wright St.). I don't put a lot of stock in it at this point in the season and think that beating the top teams in the conference will be tough, but it's a sign of how much progress has been made.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-rpi

Spiderlegs:
Women beat Oberlin 92-43.  What we would expect from a good D-I team playing a D-III school. Everyone played. Everyone scored. Bench accounted for 51 points. The women stayed focused on implementing their game on both sides of the ball. Even the bench did this. Very aggressive when opportunities opened up. My only complaint was some poor inside shooting, especially by Walker in 1H. This is turning into a pattern and I really hope Barnes addresses this before the conference begins. The stats do not give enough credit to how Benjamin held things together until the team found itself and how the team clicks when she is on the court. The last few games this team has run some gorgeous fast breaks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version