Author Topic: Basketball Adds Latin Davis During Early Signing Period  (Read 2746 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Basketball Adds Latin Davis During Early Signing Period
« on: November 13, 2014, 02:29:49 PM »
Latin Davis, a 5-foot-11 point guard from Ypsilanti, Mich, has signed a National Letter of Intent to continue his academic and athletic career at Youngstown State University, men's basketball Head Coach Jerry Slocum announced on Thursday (Nov. 13).

Davis, a two-time all-state, all-conference and all-county performer, led Milan High School to a state championship as a junior and averaged 16 points, 3.7 assists and 2.3 steals per game.

In the state championship game, Davis scored a career-high 34 points and went 7-for-7 from 3-point range in the 78-59 win over Benton Harbor.

"The coaching staff was honest with me and I felt comfortable with them," Davis said. "I really like the campus and the players, as well.

"(YSU) plays an up-and-down tempo, they play fast, and, that's how I like to play."

"Latin is coming off a year when he led his team to a state championship," Slocum said. "He's just a winner. He plays both ends of the floor well and is a solid leader and a great person."

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:33:33 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball Adds Latin Davis During Early Signing Period
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 07:20:27 AM »
Where is this  6-7 recruit  Devin Haggod that is signed with YSU and suppposed to come in with Davis?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 03:19:39 PM »
Where is this  6-7 recruit  Devin Haggod that is signed with YSU and suppposed to come in with Davis?

Forward Devin Haygood (Ypsilanti, Mich./Lincoln Senior) has a signed National Letter of Intent during the early signing period to continue his academic and athletic career at Youngstown State, men's basketball Head Coach Jerry Slocum announced on Monday (Nov. 17).

Haygood joins Jordan Andrews (Reserve, La.), a 6-foot-5 shooting guard from Riverside Academy, and Latin Davis (Ypsilanti, Mich.),a 5-foot-11 point guard from Milan High School, in the 2015-16 recruiting class.

Haygood was an all-conference selection last season after averaging 15 points and seven rebounds per game.

"I felt like (Youngstown State) was the right fit for me," Haygood said. "It was a great feeling being around the coaches and players.

Their style fits me. I like to get up and down the floor, play good defense and they want to emphasize that."

"Devin brings good size and mobility to our four position," Slocum said. "He shoots the ball and is athletic. He's the kind of guy we need in terms of how well he can play on the offensive end of the floor in space."

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 10:03:56 PM »
Thank you!  Saw it earlier today!