Author Topic: AD Press Releases  (Read 11229 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: AD Press Releases
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 11:47:43 AM »
Our sports information department is very good.  Our athletic marketing department is very bad.  There are not many topics about which we could arrive at a consensus on this board.  This might be one of them.

Don't speak for me Wick!!!

The marketing and SID department does a great job at YSU.

The SID department does a great job getting students involved in YSU game broadcast. Trevor is great.

The marketing department puts together award winning game programs and sponsorships that are tops in FCS football. So don't speak for us Wick. Just because you have a beef doesn't mean it's a consensus.

The SID does a great job and has for years.  The marketing department is a big problem.

Couldn't disagree more. YSU needs a member of the media in their SID department. I would fully support getting  a member of the media from Cleveland or Pittsburgh in there to stir up some support.

It sounds like you are friends with them, since you use their names on a 1st name basis. I'm sorry if I'm insulting you by saying that. But it's just my personal opinion.

I've met him a handful of times bit that's it. I've seen the awards he gets from the game day programs. I'm telling you like every hear he wins it. The fact that the SID's information is getting out there is a whole other issue related to marketing.   New blood is needed in marketing and according to onensure poster on this board they hired someone new and he needs some time

Offline seanbryan3

• Royal Penguin
  • 18 hours away and faithful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »
Getting a member from the Pittsburgh area or Cleveland area would be interesting.
"Consistency is better than rare moments of greatness" Let's Go Guins!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »
Decades ago, the Plain Dealer stopped home delivery in the Youngstown region.  At that point, they dropped all coverage of YSU sports as they now consider this area as outside of their market.  So having the SID staff send stuff to the Cleveland paper would not accomplish much.  As Youngstown had tv stations from nearly the beginning of that medium, Cleveland television has never featured YSU sports.  Whether the Pittsburgh media would be interested, I have no idea.

Offline NatChamps93949597

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 01:45:52 PM »
Our sports information department is very good.  Our athletic marketing department is very bad.  There are not many topics about which we could arrive at a consensus on this board.  This might be one of them.

Don't speak for me Wick!!!

The marketing and SID department does a great job at YSU.

The SID department does a great job getting students involved in YSU game broadcast. Trevor is great.

The marketing department puts together award winning game programs and sponsorships that are tops in FCS football. So don't speak for us Wick. Just because you have a beef doesn't mean it's a consensus.

The SID does a great job and has for years.  The marketing department is a big problem.

Couldn't disagree more. YSU needs a member of the media in their SID department. I would fully support getting  a member of the media from Cleveland or Pittsburgh in there to stir up some support.

It sounds like you are friends with them, since you use their names on a 1st name basis. I'm sorry if I'm insulting you by saying that. But it's just my personal opinion.

Trevor does a very good job getting out in front of the community. He works hard and is a good mentor to a lot of students who intern for him. As a faculty member, I like to see this.

Someone mentioned the new person in marketing. He was a student of mine, and worked at a large University. He is a very good asset to the school http://ysusports.com/information/directory/bios/brown-john