Author Topic: YSU VS ISU  (Read 9522 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: YSU VS ISU
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 02:41:56 PM »
I think we really learned a great deal & set ourselves up for the future with this. Next year, we could possibly win the regular season and be considered for an at-large berth. However, we need to do it next year. If we rebuild for a couple of seasons ...we will have to win the HL Tourney once again. I also think it will become easier for us to schedule after a post-season appearance.

Now we are only losing 6 seniors, but they are 6 starters ...so we are going to feel it. However, this experience is going to make the underclassmen hungry for more. I am not sure how much staff will return ...but we called very good games all season.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »
I think we really learned a great deal & set ourselves up for the future with this. Next year, we could possibly win the regular season and be considered for an at-large berth. However, we need to do it next year. If we rebuild for a couple of seasons ...we will have to win the HL Tourney once again. I also think it will become easier for us to schedule after a post-season appearance.

Now we are only losing 6 seniors, but they are 6 starters ...so we are going to feel it. However, this experience is going to make the underclassmen hungry for more. I am not sure how much staff will return ...but we called very good games all season.
Switka was a senior out of the pen. Not sure of the other seniors.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 05:35:36 PM »
Chris Moules was injured ...so has not seen much action. The other seniors are Accardi, Saluga, DeNello (outfield and batting) Frey, O'Brien, Manupelli and Switka (on the mound). I really consider those all to be starters. The pitchers are all part of our 4-game rotation.