Author Topic: KP DESERVES our support!  (Read 10716 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
KP DESERVES our support!
« on: March 01, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »
This young man will go down as one of the best basketball players to play here at YSU. He deserves all of us to show up tonight and support him and the team on senior night. Hoping for a good crowd tonight to congratulate him. It's been an honor watching this guy play!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: KP DESERVES our support!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 09:24:25 PM »
Thanks kp. Too bad our coach sucks.  Please retire or resign slocum.  Tonight was no excuse to lose.  Slocum said the effort was dissapointing.  Well slocum you say that after every game.  You are the coach.  You blew it.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 09:25:09 PM »
Jerry Slocum out coached AGAIN! What do ya know??? Let 2 guys from Oakland beat you.... Just pitiful. First round and out. Go guins

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 09:27:07 PM »
Petros looked like Shaq in the paint, bullying Bobby, Josh, poor Fletcher. Did a double team come??? Nope. How about Mr. Sharp shooter Bader, how many double screens did he come off for 3's??? Did a double come?? Nahh... Out coached folks, plain and simple!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 09:51:36 PM »
The amount of 3's YSU takes in transition is insane.... Its ALL or nothing and forget offensive rebounds from the Penguins.... Not to mention your oppenent gets a defensive possession OFF!  So many issues with the product this university puts on the court....  However, the good news is the percentage of beating a team 3 times in one year is very small.... Unless, your YSU...

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 10:38:33 PM »
After the game, KP went to half court and kissed Pete the penguin. Gonna miss that kid. Meanwhile, Jerry said this is the most disappointing loss since he's been at YSU.... No s**t Sherlock!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 10:19:58 AM »
It's funny the folks who say we are all negetive only post after a win and not after a loss while some of us post no matter what the result is.  If we would have won you could bet someone would have said slocum is the best thing since sliced bread.   Pretty sad to lose to a team that had less than 48 hrs to prepare for us plus had to travel here to boot.  Outcoached and out recruited is the norm here!  Tuesday could be rough in Oakland.  Look for a 91-69 loss and Slocum to get an extension from Strollo following the game.  His extension should help us land that 6-4 center we always get.   

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 11:23:13 AM »
These are Slocum's recruits.  He is the HC.  The success or failures of the team rest with him.

It appears that the goal of the Athletic Department is to just exist, and not to excel. 

IMO, a mediocre sports program reflects poorly on the University.  A University does not have to have athletics.  Either fix it, or divert those funds toward education.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »
I too believe that the team's record falls on Slocum. We know this, he knows this, the university knows this. The players also know that it falls on them, Slocum knows this, the university knows this ...so don't we? The truth was this team severely under-performed. I mean we had Oakland on senior day ...a team that weak does not happen very often & we blew it once again. I want to keep Slocum & I want this season to end.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 05:16:33 PM »
IAA....I'm not sure I understand your sentiment.

I, at the beginning of the Season, thought we were going places. We had a few set backs, but minimal. 
Attendance was poor, as usual since days of Dom Rossellini and crew.  Tho I'm sure layoffs in the area are a part of where dollars are spent, I just think, dedicated fans as in years past (we started in 1963, yearly...but my better half way years before that)are a thing of the pars.  Entertainment is so diverse in today's world.  Most fans are 50+.  Look at attendance for Duke, Pitt, Syracuse and a lot others, that will never happen here.  So the thing you have to consider...throw in the towel?  Do away with BB?  OR is it possible to realize! you win some you loose some.  Coaches DO THEIR BEST...PLAYERS DO THEIR BEST.  Fans only want to WIN.  It's simple Math as I evaluate my 50 years of watching.  I do not agree that ANY AD should be held totally responsible, nor Coaches, nor Players. 

I would not trade my 50 years of watching for anything....well maybe another 50Years, that sounds good.

PEACE!!!

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 05:48:26 PM »
Hope we win Tuesday, but I expect us to get drilled in Oakland to end this disappointing season.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 09:26:42 PM »
It's gonna be up to KP to save us Tuesday, because Slocum will get out coached, again most likely.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 08:32:06 AM »
You can count on one or two things to happen Tuesday.  Both unfornate for YSU.  Either, Oakland coming off the big win in Y-town will completely dominate us from start to finish with us laying an egg.  Again! No inside game except for Bobby.  We get blown out at least by 10-15 points.  Or, once again we play our hearts out, and lose by 1 or two points prompting Slocum to once again for the tenth time this season indicate that this is the most disapointing loss I've experienced since I been here,or we gave this game away.  Bottom line until we recruit some big men we are not going anywhere.  I've said it every season for the past 5-7years, and someone always says we cant' get them because they don't grow on trees.  Yet Milw. Cle St, UIC and Det, Gr Bay and others in the league have no trouble finding bonified big men.  We constantly recruit tweeners 6-7, 6-4 and 6-2 who shoot threes prompting people on the board to complain about the type of offense we run.  I'm tired of teams waiting for Bobby to go out and then eat Fletch and Chojnacki up on the inside the second they hit the floor giving up an immediate 6-8 points automatically.  Need an example, the Valpo, Milw, Cle St. and even UIC games at home. Other teams in league lick their chops the minute Hain gets in foul trouble, or takes a break!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 01:44:06 PM »
Slocum tries his best, but he just cannot convince big men to come here.  We have heard that many times.  Wolford has elevated our recruiting.  He has bragged about that many times.  Of course his defensive players are somewhat deficient in such details as....tackling.  And then there is Brian Gorby.  He just wins.  He recruits black kids and white kids.  He recruits city dwellers and suburbanites.  He recruits runners, throwers, and jumpers.  He even recruits men and women.  He recruits in the same location and with the same facilities as Slocum and Wolford.  And he recruits with a fraction of the money allotted to football and basketball.  Perhaps Gorby is, like Tressel and DiGregorio before him, a good coach.  Perhaps Slocum and Wolford are....well....you fill in the blank.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 02:02:06 PM »
Slocum and Wolf aren't even in the same atmosphere. While some of Wolford's defensive recruits haven't panned out, he is still a great recruiter and has risen the talent level, and he still has a lot young guys on the roster to develop.. I will give credit to Slocum for KP, and that's it.