Author Topic: YSU Beats UWM 88-83 in OT!  (Read 3211 times)

ValleyTalk

YSU Beats UWM 88-83 in OT!
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:24:02 PM »
It wasn't pretty, but we got a huge win to get into a 3-way tie for 6th place with UWM and UDM! Remember the 6th seed gets a home game in the tourney, so tonight's win was huge.

Down by 10 midway through the 2nd half, we went on a 13-0 run and it was all back and forth from there. We nearly blew it in the final 15 seconds turning it over on back-to-back inbound plays.

Finally, how about KP! Kid goes for 35 points tonight, a career high! Keifer Sykes is good, but what KP means to this team and what he brings on both ends of the court leads me to believe he deserves HL POY over Sykes. Back-to-back 30 point performances for this Capital One Academic All-American!

BIG WIN YSU!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU Beats UWM 88-83 in OT!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:33:29 PM »
Wow!  What a game by KP.  We out rebounded them and that was the difference. Nice victory.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:15:31 PM »
KP does it again. Barely

ValleyTalk

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 10:31:53 PM »
KP does it again. Barely
You're at it again. We are a few days removed from you complaining about our bad win over UIC. Well now we beat a UWM team that BEAT UWGB, the Horizon league regular season champs, 73-63 a few weeks ago, and you're still not happy. It wasn't pretty, but this was a huge win for the standings.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 10:53:49 PM »
Never said anything bad.... In KP we trust

Lets_Talk

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 07:38:05 AM »
Great game by KP. Weber hit a key 3 point shot after committing a foul on a UWM player who was taking a 3 point shot. Next YSU posession, Weber missed a three point shot, but got the rebound and scored. Those were 5 important points for YSU in the OT.

As for KP, he has done the last 2 games what great players do. He is a Senior. The team seems to be having some internal strife/disappointment, and he is taking over and leading the team.

Even with this win, it's hard to see YSU finishing better than 7-9 in the HL. Going to be very difficult to win at CSU and Valpo. YSU is 1-5 on the road in the HL, with the lone win at UIC. They already lost at home to Valpo, and needed a meltdown by CSU combined with KP performing a minor miracle to beat CSU at home. And, I just think that Valpo and CSU are better teams than YSU.

Oakland will not be an easy "W" either, but I'll give the edge in that game to YSU because of playing at home.

At best, YSU will finish 8-8, but I'm predicting 7-9 for YSU, which will likely result in a 5th - 7th place finish in the HL.