Author Topic: YSU at UIC  (Read 10720 times)

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU at UIC
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 08:45:50 PM »
Not trying to erase success, simply saying that every year everyone on this board complains about our home non-conference schedule at the beginning of the season.  And Oakland and Cansius games in the CIT offset playing the Fredonia's and Geneva's.  However, the fact reamins other schools in our Iconference will draw decently for inferior competition because of the being the quote (BasketBall Schools) while our fans will not pay to see the Westminsters of the world.  I hope YSU wins every home game,but we've already choked against Austin Peay.  In this league, you can't afford to lose home games, and must win your fair share on the road.   I too think YSU does the best it can scheduling, but why does everyone continue to complain when the Geneva's and Westminister's show up on the home slate.  If Green Bay accepted the chump schools as merely scrimmages for the record.  They're record would still be a robust 8-3, not 11-3, while ours is 6-8, buts shows 10-8. That's my point we can't lose to teams like Austin Peay, Cansius, or the Robert Morris's at home. It distorts most of our fans view of what our record really is.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:52:11 PM by Dmorton »

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 09:28:48 PM »
Mcfonald's??-No wonder Rayen closed

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 10:20:25 PM »
When ysu does pay for opponents (2013 cit anyone) ppl on this board complain and call it a no name tournament that we had to pay to host a game.

Ysu hosted two above .500 teams in the cit.

Ysu didn't pay to host the CIT tournament home game, it was paid for by donations by local businesses.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 10:39:42 PM »
I know this is hard for the Strollo apologists to  understand, but I usually DON'T comment on games that I don't see, in person or on TV/ computer, win or lose. However games that I do see, in person or on TV or computer, I  feel free to offer my honest opinion. So I won't be on unless I see the game, no matter the results, win or lose. Otherwise, I'd be offering an opinion with no validity to something I didn't witness.  Not my style.

And now, back to the peanut gallery for their words of wisdom.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:41:10 PM by paladin »

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 10:57:23 PM »
Hey Paladin, I'm interested to know what channel you watched the YSU/UMKC game on? B.c it wasn't streamed online but you were pretty quick to comment... Awaiting your response?
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Lets_Talk

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 07:17:49 PM »
By no means a great win, but a win that was badly needed. And, even against a team as bad as UIC, winning on the road is never easy. Especially the final game of a 3 game road trip, when losing the first 2.

Home stand is very important. If YSU has any hopes of being a top 3-4 team in the HL, they need to go at least 3-1. 4-0 would be great, but hard to see that happening. Anything less than 3-1 will be unsatisfactory.

Will be the same story. How well can YSU do defensively to stop teams with inside players that can score?
How much help will KP get from the rest of the team?
Will the bench provide much needed points, or will the scoring load fall almost entirely on the starting 5
Free throws, free throws, free throws... not just how many YSU makes, but how many they get to shoot. One problem with a team that relies heavy on the 3 point shot is it often lessens the number of free throws taken.

jjysuwin and DMorton

As far as non D1 games, I do not count these as wins for ANY team. With 350 teams in D1, I fail to see why any team needs to play more than 1 non D1 regular season game. Especially when schools are allowed 2 exhibition games against Non D1 opponents. I understand why teams play these games, but that does not mean I like it, or even think it is something that helps teams prepare for their conference season. And, as far as RPI goes, these games do not count. So, yes, as far as I am concerned, GB is 9-3, YSU is 8-9... CSU is 8-7... Valpo is 6-8
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:28:18 PM by Lets_Talk »

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 12:08:46 AM »
Let's Talk, thanks for making sense of the point I was trying to make!

Lets_Talk

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 06:07:36 AM »
Your welcome. And, your point is valid for those who post on this board and say wins over teams like Westminster do not count for YSU, but then fail to make the same argument about other teams in the HL. I think all you and jjysuwin are asking for is for people to be consistent.