Author Topic: Guins vs South Dakota  (Read 16337 times)

ValleyTalk

Guins vs South Dakota
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:13:40 AM »
I will be there this afternoon with 3 others cheering on this team. Unlike some of you that have to ALWAYS find something to complain about, I will be there today and expecting a win over a tough South Dakota squad.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:54:19 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs Sout Dakota
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 06:27:50 PM »
I was at the game, very nice first half, subs played a lot in the second.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 06:45:40 PM »
1,800 fans. Looks like Wick and others here look like complete idiots.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 06:48:01 PM »
I will be joined by about 250 other fans.  What kind of fool scheduled a YSU basketball game on the Sunday afternoon

This is the kind of comment that makes the ysu fan base seem stupid all b.c of one fan who just spews B.s.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 07:33:02 PM »
The crowd was alot larger than I thought it would be. And we played good defense, especially in the 1st half. In other words, a nightmare day for 05. Had we lost or played ugly and won, he and his buddy Isaac would have had 15 posts apiece by now looking to tar and feather everybody connected with the program. And 1935 Coach of the Year Paladin would have told you he saw it coming.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 07:35:25 PM by ItalianPenguin »

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
I swore I would never post again, tho I read...I can't help making a few comments to individuals to help with their thinking process....if possible!

Paladin...seems you are down to the bottom of the list of your complaints, of course Ron Strollo is most times heading the list...but the "red seats at football games"?????  I am 80 plus, I complain about the bleachers (don't have your$$$$$), face it, the problem is "the age of the body that sits on said surface".  BTW I resent the name tag you give to anyone who doesn't fault Ron Strollo for whatever you accuse him of negligence.

Others...just an aside from previous months....football scheduling...away games, not the cake games on our campus...as I understand it...the conference schedules those games, we take it as dealt.

Posters, for the most part keep as smile on my face...but Oh my gosh some of you are so very hateful, I could...well never mind.

Blessings to all in the New Year.  Remember love is more binding, than hate.

GO penguins

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 08:29:26 PM »
The crowd was alot larger than I thought it would be. And we played good defense, especially in the 1st half. In other words, a nightmare day for 05. Had we lost or played ugly and won, he and his buddy Isaac would have had 15 posts apiece by now looking to tar and feather everybody connected with the program. And 1935 Coach of the Year Paladin would have told you he saw it coming.

IP with the post of the year 2 days before the year ends. BRAVO IP. BRA freaking VO!!!!

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 08:32:13 PM »
I swore I would never post again, tho I read...I can't help making a few comments to individuals to help with their thinking process....if possible!

Paladin...seems you are down to the bottom of the list of your complaints, of course Ron Strollo is most times heading the list...but the "red seats at football games"?????  I am 80 plus, I complain about the bleachers (don't have your$$$$$), face it, the problem is "the age of the body that sits on said surface".  BTW I resent the name tag you give to anyone who doesn't fault Ron Strollo for whatever you accuse him of negligence.

Others...just an aside from previous months....football scheduling...away games, not the cake games on our campus...as I understand it...the conference schedules those games, we take it as dealt.

Posters, for the most part keep as smile on my face...but Oh my gosh some of you are so very hateful, I could...well never mind.

Blessings to all in the New Year.  Remember love is more binding, than hate.

GO penguins

Welcome back Pita. We missed you.

Don't let Paladin fool you. He is not a Penguin Club Member. He is forced to sneak into the chairbacks for football. And during basketball games, he sits in G.A. seats. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppp pockets for YSU's best athletic director who never was.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 08:35:37 PM »
The village idiots will be here soon enough to remind us they were 3-8 coming into this game. A quick scan at their schedule and you see they lost at Kansas State by TWO, UW-Green Bay by TWO, and Wyoming by ONE in OT.

How the Yotes hung with KSTATE or UWGB I will never know. We completely outplayed them and their supposedly good offense was just pitiful to watch.

In other news, Chojnacki managed to foul out with 0 points in 7 minutes. I can't make this sh** up! 5 fouls in 7 minutes. WHY DOES HE SEE THE COURT!?!?

Nice win. Now let's please kick Milwaukee's ass Thursday. Their pompous fan base despises YSU, but we've won 4-5 straight vs them in MBB. Beat UWM!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 08:37:58 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 09:29:25 PM »
The negative Nancy's will be no where to be found on this thread. But the minute we lose they'll be here in a minute

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 10:07:06 PM »
The $**t is getting real thick now. One win doesnt make up for years of losing, bad coaches and bad management. IP, JJ and Valley must think ysu is headed to march madness after todays win. Keep dreamin. Its people like them that hold ysu athletics back. Accept mediocrity and youll get mediocrity in return.

Goooo guins

Spiderlegs

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »
A decent number of YSU people also showed up at the women's game in Akron today.  Obviously a minority and WBB is not the same draw as men, but it was not one of those sections of 5-10 people that we often see behind the visitor's bench at YSU.

Re: scheduling.  I'd like to hear more about scheduling from someone who knows. I've heard the basketball coaches talk about scheduling and believe that they have a lot of input in non-conference opponents.  (In the case of WBB this year, Boldon had a hand in some of it.) I assume football is the same.  Unless someone convinces me otherwise, I'm inclined to think the policy of give-me games at the start of the football season comes from W. and not Strollo. I'm sure the coaches work under some constraints, but I also think that if W. insisted on a more difficult non-conference schedule that something would be worked out.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:35:39 PM by Spiderlegs »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 10:47:45 PM »
Repeating myself ----

I'm in a group of guys that  buys Penguin Club tickets ( and not in my name). One of the guys has been buying them in his name for decades. We split the costs up. I have a season ticket for each home  game in Penguin Club seats. However, I'm the only one who is a basketball fan, so I buy G. A tickets when I go to a home game and I don't go to them all. I have to go alone or take family when I twist an arm.

Couldn't have been the 1935 Coach of the Year as I wasn't born yet. But, I did serve as an AD for a short time during my teaching/coaching career. Yep, I actually got paid................................ 8) . And, no never got fired as a coach or AD. I do have some nice trophies  and awards though.

I hate to have to keep setting the record straight, but lets face it.......................................... if my opinions didn't match  a heavy segment of the YSU fan population , no one would give a crap what I say here. But since my opinion strikes at the truth of the situation here, some feel it necessary to attack and try to  muzzle  me . Just keep the facts straight. We'll let the fans vote with their  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ,  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Guins vs South Dakota
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 10:59:12 PM »
Best half of basketball I have seen all year. I have really liked our play the past 3 games. If we have actually figured out how to cover a team with 2 bigs ...I am very excited about conference play. Catch Slocum's post-game & you will see he is excited as well. He is a smart guy.

Complain all you want. He is a huge asset to this school and he has earned the right to do what he chooses. When he does retire I hope he stays local to help out all he can.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs South Dakota
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 11:42:15 PM »
No complaints here. That was some good basketball. Really liked Amiker off the bench. He can be a real weapon for this team come conference play. Let's keep it going. Finally some good defense today!