Author Topic: Chris Elkins Tabbed All-American By The Associated Press  (Read 2142 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Chris Elkins Tabbed All-American By The Associated Press
« on: December 19, 2013, 05:10:34 PM »
Youngstown State senior center Chris Elkins was named a second-team All-American by The Associated Press on Thursday. Yesterday, Elkins received third-team honors from The Sports Network.

Elkins, a two-time first-team all-conference selection, started all 12 games at center for the Penguins this year. In 2013, he was the team's Offensive Lineman of the Game five times - Morehead State, Southern Illinois, Western Illinois, North Dakota State and South Dakota State.

He played every snap in seven games out of 12 and his grade for season was 87 percent (highest in four years since Coach Eric Wolford joined the staff). For the campaign, he played 717 snaps and had just four missed assignments per the coaching staff while not allowing a sack and only two quarterback hurries.

Elkins started the final 38 games of his career including every game as a sophomore, junior and senior. He moved to center from right guard for the 2013 slate.

He was one of 13 Missouri Valley Football Conference players, including five first-team honorees, to be named to the AP's All-America squad.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Elkins Tabbed All-American By The Associated Press
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 05:11:15 AM »
I'm not reading TSN anymore. I will periodically look at articles that are posted, but this group of people are a bunch of ********s. Of course Elkins made their 3rd team.

What has done it for me is the article they wrote recently about how the Valley was perceived as the strongest conference, however, the CAA put 2 teams in the semifinals. They failed to mentiion that they undeservedly got 4 teams into the tournament and the valley only got 2 and thenthey also failed to mention that they played the were paired with the weakest teams in the playoffs.  If I recalll correctly they got butler and layfeyette etc. They had the easiest road. I think they also played the 15 meac teams they let in. They will both be blown out this weekend and it will be fun to wacth.

The Caa stduims are some of the worst places I have visited. They are sh**ty. I don't even know hove stadium lights. TSN is a POS.