Author Topic: Clinton Massie RB Bayle Wolf  (Read 4199 times)

ValleyTalk

Clinton Massie RB Bayle Wolf
« on: December 06, 2013, 11:44:31 PM »
I watched the second half of the Division 4 state title game and all I can say is WOW! Clinton Massie RB Bayle Wolf was an absolute stud. In the big snowstorm in Massillon, play after play he ran right through the Mooney defense, carrying defender after defender en rout to their second consecutive state title.

Wolf finished with 33 carries, 180 yards, and 3 touchdowns in their 27-21 win over Mooney. After getting drilled by SDSU, the discussion was to find a power back. Folks, this kid has the skills to play at this level. He is no "rural" Ohio star, he is the real deal.

Reminiscent of Zach Zenner from SDSU.

Here are the highlights: m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwViwcZEPVw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqwViwcZEPVw

If I were YSU, I'd take a hard look at this kid. You don't see "average" running backs run right through a Mooney defense.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:50:42 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Clinton Massie RB Bayle Wolf
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 07:22:30 AM »
My point of view is that Martin Ruiz is an excellent running back. What I think we need is OL and DL players first and foremost. We also need a some more DB's with more speed as well as a few more WR's with height. I think we could also use another TE.  Of cousre, this is after we find a replacement QB that can throw the long ball.

I think that a running back is nice to have, but he will need to have blockers. The players on Mooney looked like they were tackling too high and kept his legs driving to move the pile.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:26:50 AM by penguinpower »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:24:43 AM »
Agreed. Mooney tackled high and poorly. Not a very good Mooney team.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 12:57:57 PM »
That kid is a good high school player but hardly a DI running back.  He would gain nothing against a DI defense (unless he played against us. :'()  Paladin is correct.  That was the worst Mooney team to advance to a title game.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 01:10:05 PM »
That kid is a good high school player but hardly a DI running back.  He would gain nothing against a DI defense (unless he played against us. :'()  Paladin is correct.  That was the worst Mooney team to advance to a title game.
I've played in a state title game and I've watched almost every D3-D5 state title game over the past 6 years. His performance yesterday was the best I've seen of any player in that time. He carried Mooney defenders on almost every single carry.

This was not Mooney's best team, but their defense was very tough this year. Too many people underestimate the talent in some of these smaller sized public schools. Maria Stein, a D7 school, that beat me in my senior year, has a 6'6" QB committed to Pittsburgh. Coldwater's former QB Wenning led Ball State to a tremendous season this year.

I think Bayle Wolf has the size and power to play at this level. I am not advocating having him run 25-30 times per game, Ruiz can do that, but he is a pure power back with speed that would do well in short yardage situations.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 01:51:40 PM »
He's not D1 material. Too slow, not athletic enough. Wouldn't fit in our system anyway. He's more of an I back who just pounds away.