Author Topic: when can we expect to hear about wolf's future?  (Read 4186 times)

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
when can we expect to hear about wolf's future?
« on: November 26, 2013, 02:28:08 PM »
three days after another disappointing year I wonder why we haven't heard from strollo if wolford will be back? will he be back without an extension? or will he be back with an extension and for how long?

scalzo said strollo declined interview requests Saturday after the game and sunday as well.

Does anyone have any insight into when we may hear something?

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: when can we expect to hear about wolf's future?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »
I assume that if wolf was going to be fired we would have heard that by now. so wolford probably is coming back and they are working out the terms of his contract.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 02:43:46 PM »
They don't have to "work out" anything. He has one year left on his contract. Unless he leaves on his own.

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 03:07:23 PM »
If strollo gives him an extension then there would be things to work out. My question is will he be back with an extension or no extension and when would we know. the specifics of that

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »
They need to extend him so he can recruit and save the money game check to pay off his contract if they want to make a change.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:17:13 PM »
Wolford is going nowhere. I just hope he makes some changes on the defensive side of the ball and actively looks for D1 recruits to strengthen positions where we lack depth. I know he isn't a big fan of the D1 transfer, but patience is running thin in this community and it may get us to where we need to go.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »
Be patient. At this point in Wolf's contract, giving W. an extension is necessary to keep recruiting stable. Thus, the absence of an extension is action. We don't know The Mind of Strollo and how this will be resolved, but if stability in the leadership team were a goal, this issue would probably be resolved by now. (There are other reasons why the contract might be extended, but the stability question is time sensitive.)

My preferred options: (1) The contract is not extended until next year (or not at all) because Mangino's presence is a kind of stability insurance, or (2) the contract is extended right now but YSU has an escape clause if performance does not improve. No guarantees that Mangino will produce a better record, but he is the kind of coach who will not tolerate the kinds of multi-game breakdowns that epitomize the W. era. As has been noted in other posts, a case can be made for giving W. more time and my preferred options allow this without looking YSU into a bad relationship for years to come.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 12:37:55 PM »
One other reason I see Wolford here moving forward is our history of head coaches. We aren't Notre Dame or Akron who have had 30 coaches a piece in their history. We have only had 7 head coaches in our history and that is a true testament to this program. Although plenty of times we as fans want to rush to judgement, if we let things run their course, they will pay off for us.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 01:55:28 PM »
One other reason I see Wolford here moving forward is our history of head coaches. We aren't Notre Dame or Akron who have had 30 coaches a piece in their history. We have only had 7 head coaches in our history and that is a true testament to this program. Although plenty of times we as fans want to rush to judgement, if we let things run their course, they will pay off for us.

Never thought of it that way.. Great post.