Author Topic: MBB - YSU (6-1) at Kent State (6-1) Wednesday November 27.  (Read 11343 times)

Offline Petey

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB - YSU (6-1) at Kent State (6-1) Wednesday November 27.
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 09:32:23 PM »
Team has more than promise.....it has heart!!  These guys don't quit.

GOOOOOOO  GUINS!!!

Offline rayI09

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
Same thing with the bball program year in and year out. Alot like the fball team we can beat the bad teams but we cant beat the good teams. Is kent state basketball' s northern iowa?

Would coach slocum do better with a bigger budget? Or do we need a better coach?

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 09:37:26 PM »
I thought they played very well against UMASS as well until faltering at the end.  It would be nice to get St Johns or Pitt.  Need to close halves better though.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »
Losing DJ could be a problem. Left game on crutches

ValleyTalk

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 10:30:44 PM »
Great effort tonight by YSU. Solid at the line and made our shots, but the size of Kent got them a few key boards late to keep them on top. Kent should finish 1-2 in the MAC this year.

No quit in these guys. Previous teams would have faultered, but they fought to the last second.

Going to be a fun year!

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 10:43:27 PM »
There should be no reason to lose to the RMU's and Missouri KCs of the world this year.  Not the way this team can score.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 09:03:58 AM »
Looks like rebounding and bench points got us. Big advantages to Kent. Let's hope this playing well starts to turn some wins against more good clubs.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 11:16:24 AM »
Looks like rebounding and bench points got us. Big advantages to Kent. Let's hope this playing well starts to turn some wins against more good clubs.
If you would have told me we would have shot 44% for the game and go 23 of 26 at the line, I would have told you we would have been victorious. We bring that effort in Horizon League play, we will be tough to beat. We played 35 minutes last night, need to play a complete game and I think people will be very impressed.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 01:43:18 PM »
Agree rebounding an issue. Not enough talented bigs--Hain isn't a dominant player, and even if he were, he can't do it all himself. Exceptional performance by guards, and Belin was amazing. KP had a poor game (by his standards)--probably a YSU win if it were one of his better nights.  I think there is an upper limit to this team because of the issue with the inside, but I am not sure where it is--don't think they can beat Green Bay because Brown will dominate the inside too much.