Author Topic: Not in  (Read 11421 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Not in
« on: November 24, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
Not in. Season is over. Got the word from a reliable source.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:52:19 AM by peteonastick »
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Not in
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »
That sucks. Fire everybody.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 11:49:28 AM »
Absolute joke. Should all be ashamed!! 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 11:51:28 AM »
Not even one of the first three out. Bourne said have to win conference games!! 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 11:54:15 AM »
How S. Utah made it is a farse.  We didn't deserve it and played ourselves out.  Fire everyone now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The MVFC got the same amount of teams in as the MEAC.  Are you kidding me?

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 11:56:51 AM »
THE MVFC is not that gooooddd!! >:( They have the best team, two decent teams and the rest are well shiittYY!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »
Didn't deserve to get in.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »
Can't complain about other teams that got in.  YSU controlled its own destiny and blew it.  Badly.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 12:03:22 PM »
Well. better luck next year. HAH!!!!! More mediocrity. Lucky if we don't end up dead last in the conference.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »
I'm sure I would have been seriously upset if YSU had played a good game and got edged at the end. But blown out ?  Can't cry over that. Thats our fault. But the selection criteria and the bullsh!t associated with it .......................................................................................

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 03:08:35 PM »
After our total collapse we did not deserve it.  You do have to wonder why the NCAA issued that media statement about using a new formula that placed priority on strength of schedule....and then ignored the GPI entirely.  If you are going to continue to use "smoke-filled room" politics, that's fine.  Just don't brag about some make-believe formula.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 03:10:11 PM »
I'm sure I would have been seriously upset if YSU had played a good game and got edged at the end. But blown out ?  Can't cry over that. Thats our fault. But the selection criteria and the bullsh!t associated with it .......................................................................................
I don't disagree. I would take UNI over Sam Houston State though. They went 8-4 yes, but they lost their last 2 games and 3 of those wins were just awful: Houston Baptist, Texas Southern, and Incarnate Word. I love Catholic institutions, but that is a VERY weak opponent, along with Houston Baptist.

How they swindled their way in is beyond me. And oh yeah, they only had 7 D1 wins.

Ever think they could devise a formula, like the OHSAA's, to make the at-large process 100% objective? Naturally that could cost the NCAA money in the bidding wars, so I doubt we will ever see the day.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:11:12 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 07:48:06 PM »
I don't disagree. I would take UNI over Sam Houston State though. They went 8-4 yes, but they lost their last 2 games and 3 of those wins were just awful: Houston Baptist, Texas Southern, and Incarnate Word. I love Catholic institutions, but that is a VERY weak opponent, along with Houston Baptist.

How they swindled their way in is beyond me. And oh yeah, they only had 7 D1 wins.

Ever think they could devise a formula, like the OHSAA's, to make the at-large process 100% objective? Naturally that could cost the NCAA money in the bidding wars, so I doubt we will ever see the day.

Sam Houston had 8 Division I wins.  Believe it or not, both Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word are FCS Independents (believe both will be in the Southland eventually) and Texas Southern is a SWAC team.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
Can't stand to read all the posts.  I said last week IF SDSU beat us we would be DONE.  No surprise to my way of thinking.  We played all the CAKE teams first part of the season.  That doesn't build a good team, it gives them FALSE hope.  So sad for the guys that went out for practice day after day.  Winning teams need contributions from PLAYERS and COACHES!!!!   I rest my case.  Thaks team, my best to the Seniors, the rest  of your future is now in your hands, you are the Coach of the rest of your lives.  I wish you great decisions.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »
I'm shocked u lost to SDSU

Now, if you lost your games at diff times of year you'd be in...that's what's not fair