Author Topic: UNI In Game Thread  (Read 91913 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UNI In Game Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2013, 07:11:25 PM »
No playmakers on the team...when it comes to the big play we have nobody that will step up!!  Great teams have great playmakers...players that say "not today my friend!!"  Players that make great plays to stop a team or unreal offensive plays to make the other team question what they are doing because no matter what they do they can't stop the "playmaker!!"  We had many opportunities for players to step up and make a play and it did not happen!!!  Coaching allows your playmakers to make the plays...we did not give our playmakers a chance...how many times can you run Ruiz and Webb up the middle like a battering ram???  Put a fullback back there with them and let them lead or kick out the ends that were killing us by making backside tackles...or get them on the edge and let them break it...how about the tight ends down the middle of the field???  They are two of our best playmakers and athletes on the field...non existent during the game????  VERY FRUSTRATING!!!  WE need to step it up this week...

GO GUINS

I agree. They ran the ball up the middle with no FB two weeks in a row, over and over and over.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 11, 2013, 09:46:48 AM »
If football matters so much why doesnt anyone go to the games? They were lucky if they had 1,000 people there for homecoming. Pretty pathetic. Either the program is lame or the people of the mahoning valley are lame. Which is it?

Time to start ripping on the mahoning valley.  The program is nearly back to where it once was.  The athletes that YSU has are better than more than half of the MAC. We have  had this debate before.  The people in Y-town want everything for free.  The people in Y-town don't even understand FCS football and they don't know the level of football.  I will go out on a limb and also ask how many college graduates are in the valley?  Not people that attended college but actual graduates?  Also of those that did not attend, they follow high school because they claim that as their school or their kids are there now.  High school football SUCKS.  I have no desire to watch Johnny Smith play outside linebacker when has no chance of  playing in college.  The only high school football that would interest me is state championships.  I went to a Mooney ursuline game 3years ago and saw 17,000 fans there.  I was like wtf?  You have a Division 1 football program with some of the best facilities in college football let alone the fcs and you would rather watch Mooney run the f'ing ball up the middle every play?  The game I went to Mooney passed the ball only once.  The people are ignorant.   

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:21:22 AM by penguinpower »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #197 on: November 11, 2013, 10:00:06 AM »
My theory on the popularity of HS ball is that people in the Valley really did not attend college "back in the day". Therefor they look back to the highlight of their lives ...I call it ABS "Al Bundy Syndrome". Let's be honest ...Bundy is as big of a "Youngstowner" as it gets ...living for his glory days.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2013, 11:08:21 AM »
you would rather watch Mooney run the f'ing ball up the middle every play?  The game I went to Mooney passed the ball only once.

Well if that play calling brings in the fans - We should have a sell-out the next two games.