Author Topic: YSU at UNI. 11/9  (Read 29205 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU at UNI. 11/9
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »
Kollmorgen and Johnson are out. Along with their leading tackler on defense.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 06:05:42 PM »
IP...just connected with the road warriors on the handicap.  They want us to keep them posted.  So post any changes.  Keep it simple.  I don't handle Vegas lingo.  Hooray basketball is near.

Offline YSUDave

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 08:24:53 PM »
Hey Fellow 'Guin Fans,
Any of you going to the game at UNI this Saturday?  I'll be there in the YSU section.  Let's support the team!
Does anyone know of any tailgating or YSU activities going on prior to the game in Cedar Falls?
Thanks, and Go 'Guins!
YSUDave

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 02:43:54 AM »
Ysudave.  Visiting tailgate is in far south lot...but I've only been there with 5000 NDSU fans. Don't know how it'd look with 50

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 09:44:51 AM »
Ysudave.  Visiting tailgate is in far south lot...but I've only been there with 5000 NDSU fans. Don't know how it'd look with 50

I don't recall you travelling well before the NC's....just sayin'

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2013, 09:55:02 AM »
The backup QB Carnes (Nebraska Transfer) must be quite an athlete. He's their leading punt returner.

His passing numbers are pretty bad. 5 for 17 with a pick.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2013, 10:52:37 AM »
Numbers usually go up when one has a week to practice with the starting lineup. I agree that Carnes is no Kollmorgen, but Carnes has got a lot to prove and he has time to prepare--I expect his numbers to improve.  I think many people are assuming the game will be a cake walk now that UNI's QB and some other key players are out, but UNI has a lot of eager young recruits seeking to make a name for themselves, just like we do. My hope is not in the superiority of YSU's athleticism but our overwhelming number of offensive weapons, the newfound ability to adjust, and the surprising ability of our otherwise porous defense to make a stand at critical moments in the game.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2013, 11:25:53 AM »
IP...just connected with the road warriors on the handicap.  They want us to keep them posted.  So post any changes.  Keep it simple.  I don't handle Vegas lingo.  Hooray basketball is near.
YSU now a 1 point favorite. That's a 4 1/2 point swing from the opening line.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2013, 06:19:07 PM »
Posted on ESPN:

"Hey Dave, My supervisor was in a meeting the second in charge where I work, and he is a big Iowa fan. He was telling my supervisor that he knows UNI's coach personally and some of UNI's coaching staff. The big wig told my supervisor that UNI's coach told him, UNI was so beat up after the Bison game, and he thinks this week might be the first week everybody is healthy. UNI's coach said the Bison beat UNI up bad. I read in the Sioux Falls paper after last weeks SDSU game, SDSU's coach said the same thing. SDSU's coach said we are finally healthy after getting beat up by NDSU. So is this more NDSU beating UNI up or UNI coaching like some UNI fans have been saying?"

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »
Gamesmenship, lies, truth....whatever it is.  We NEED this win.  If they're lying.....then let these kids open a can of whip a$$ and drill them, it's long overdue.  If it's the truth, then beat them in whatever way it takes and get back home.  Cause a loss makes next week's SHOWDOWN meaningless.  Regardless of what anyone says, UNI is our one and only rival and has been a thorn in this program's side unlike anyone else in the recent past.  Next week doesn't matter, cause win or lose....we'll get another shot at NDSU.  This is our ONE shot this year to beat UNI.  Take care of business tomorrow Penguins and everything else will take care of itself. 

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »
Gamesmenship, lies, truth....whatever it is.  We NEED this win.  If they're lying.....then let these kids open a can of whip a$$ and drill them, it's long overdue.  If it's the truth, then beat them in whatever way it takes and get back home.  Cause a loss makes next week's SHOWDOWN meaningless.  Regardless of what anyone says, UNI is our one and only rival and has been a thorn in this program's side unlike anyone else in the recent past.  Next week doesn't matter, cause win or lose....we'll get another shot at NDSU.  This is our ONE shot this year to beat UNI.  Take care of business tomorrow Penguins and everything else will take care of itself.
You definitely hit the nail on the head!

ValleyTalk

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2013, 10:23:35 PM »
Posted on ESPN:

"Hey Dave, My supervisor was in a meeting the second in charge where I work, and he is a big Iowa fan. He was telling my supervisor that he knows UNI's coach personally and some of UNI's coaching staff. The big wig told my supervisor that UNI's coach told him, UNI was so beat up after the Bison game, and he thinks this week might be the first week everybody is healthy. UNI's coach said the Bison beat UNI up bad. I read in the Sioux Falls paper after last weeks SDSU game, SDSU's coach said the same thing. SDSU's coach said we are finally healthy after getting beat up by NDSU. So is this more NDSU beating UNI up or UNI coaching like some UNI fans have been saying?"
Yes... Healthy with no Kollmorgen, Johnson, or Farley.  :o

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2013, 05:44:38 AM »
Posted on ESPN:

Yes... Healthy with no Kollmorgen, Johnson, or Farley.  :o

Their list of injuries was much deeper than just those players and they still went to had 3 OT's games agaisnt conference opponents  after NDSU. The back up QB is a transfer from Nebraska and he is a runner. We struggled on QB draw plays against USD and UNI has fresh film.with our inability to get pressure without a blitz and our ineptness in the secondary as well as our ineptness against screen plays  we could be in for a long day.  This game will not be easy and I won't be surpised if we come out of there with a loss, but I hope I am wrong. Hopefully the team is focused on this game and we come out of there with a W. They are probably thinking they owe us since we won last year.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:53:22 AM by penguinpower »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2013, 08:56:35 AM »
I'd much rather face a QB that is more prone to run than pass. Our weakness in our scheme is our pass defense, not our run defense.

Bottom line. If we don't turn it over, we have the better offense and will win.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2013, 11:42:35 AM »
Win this game ysu.