Author Topic: NDSU @ YSU. lets pump it up!  (Read 61403 times)

Offline stuperman17

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NDSU @ YSU. lets pump it up!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 11:11:54 AM »
11 am I don't think would effect a 2 o'clock game too much, only problem is that I don't think they'll ever play earlier than noon.  I've never seen any NCAA game before 12 noon in fact. 

Noon is the best case scenario I'm thinking right now, only because I know its very unlikely the game will be later than 4 o'clock considering its not a big game for the Bucks at all.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 11:42:46 AM »
lake - Very few games in the Eastern Time Zone start before Noon and I don't recall even having a Noon start (maybe the Black Friday playoff game vs Alcorn State and McNair started that early?)

I understand you guys get some 11 a.m. starts in the Central Time Zone for Noon Eastern TV. 

Its clearly a different dynamic at YSU.  Ohio State is a unique animal in this state.  There are many graduates of schools other than Ohio State that build their day around watching Ohio State.  From YSU grads to small school grads. 

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 12:37:40 AM »
Ok.    2 questions.  Is rock n roll hall of fame worth seeing?   Or should we goto canton instead on a fri afternoon? Or both

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 03:31:07 AM »
Ok.    2 questions.  Is rock n roll hall of fame worth seeing?   Or should we goto canton instead on a fri afternoon? Or both

I have never been impressed with the HOT personally. 

Offline stuperman17

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 08:18:42 AM »

If the spirit of football, I'd go to the football HOF.. But both are interesting places to visit.  If you could fit both in I would definitely do that.  Since you're from so far away I would try to fit both in, you wouldn't regret it at all.  It might be tough to do, but if you make it to one early, might be doable. 

Football HOF hour are 9-5, Rock and Roll is 10-5:30.  They don't stay open late.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 08:38:46 AM »

I think both are great.  Music buffs in your party could spend the entire day at the Rock Hall, and the same goes for your big NFL fans in Canton.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2013, 06:57:26 PM »
If you love rock and roll, one can spend the entire day in the Rock and Roll HOF.  I believe there is a two-attraction pass that covers both.

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2013, 02:48:08 PM »
NDSU has how many D1 schools in the state?.. 2 maybe?.. both FCS..

YSU has 10+ (I'm too lazy to make a list and count all of them). 

And OSU has as big a following as any school in the nation to boot.
So there are 10 D1 schools, your population is 11.5 million to our 700,000. Gives you a 1 million+ per school average while ours is 350,000.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2013, 08:45:23 AM »
NDSU has how many D1 schools in the state?.. 2 maybe?.. both FCS..

YSU has 10+ (I'm too lazy to make a list and count all of them). 

And OSU has as big a following as any school in the nation to boot.
So there are 10 D1 schools, your population is 11.5 million to our 700,000. Gives you a 1 million+ per school average while ours is 350,000.
Just curious if you might know this...how many ND natives are playing at the FBS level this year? I suppose you can count Minnesota if you want  8)

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2013, 11:44:21 AM »
Happy. FBS? 1 Conner McGovern Missouri

But NDSU is 50% Minnesota so you wanna count FBS kids from Minnesota?  100 at least then

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2013, 08:40:41 PM »
49-14 Final................. And not the Good Guys............... Hope im wrong..............

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2013, 09:36:17 PM »
Sorry to temporarily lock this topic, but if I hear about fricken NDSU again I will puke. Lake you are a troll, stop pushing this damn thread back to the top.

ValleyTalk

#1 North Dakota State at #10 Youngstown State
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 10:28:38 AM »
YSU Hall of Fame Game
#1 North Dakota State
@ #10 Youngstown State (will update once rankings change)

(Since the other thread has been locked for no apparent reason, I wanted to get another one started up)

-A NDSU win gives them the Missouri Valley Conference Championship.
-A YSU win seals a playoff spot and gives them the opportunity to be co-champs in the Valley if they also beat SDSU to end the season.

At Stambaugh, these two teams have met only twice. In 2008, YSU beat at the time #2 NDSU 28-24. In 2010, YSU kicked a FG with less than a minute left to go up 29-28. After a huge kickoff return, it only took a few plays for NDSU to gash the YSU defense and defeat YSU 35-29.

Also yesterday's loss will likely eliminate the likelihood of 20,000 for this game, I still expect a larger crowd and a great atmosphere for this one. It is not too often that you get to see the #1 team in the FCS play, a team that could easily be ranked in the FBS Top 25.

Coach Tressel will be on hand for this one as he will be inducted into the YSU Hall of Fame. Weather 6 days out looks good. Around 52 degrees and partly cloudy.

GO YOUNGSTOWN!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: #1 North Dakota State at #10 Youngstown State
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2013, 12:00:36 PM »
Regardless of the loss yesterday, we are 8-2 and WE NEED A BIG CROWD. Get people in the seats and show this team your support! They deserve it.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: #1 North Dakota State at #10 Youngstown State
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2013, 12:09:20 PM »
I will unlock it. I was just tired of reading about a game several weeks away that was not very high on the list of "must-wins". Until now.