Author Topic: Watching Wake vs Miami and....  (Read 3466 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Watching Wake vs Miami and....
« on: October 26, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »
I noticed that Wake is using line splits with much success against Miami. I haven't noticed us do this since Brian Wright was the OC. Maybe we can do this against NDSU for a half of football and when they make their adjustments go back to our normal offense.

Thoughts?

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Watching Wake vs Miami and....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »
I noticed that Wake is using line splits with much success against Miami. I haven't noticed us do this since Brian Wright was the OC. Maybe we can do this against NDSU for a half of football and when they make their adjustments go back to our normal offense.

Thoughts?

Interesting. I wonder if anyone else tried that against them...you know they are getting everyone's best shot each week.

Didnt we switch to a 4-man line against them, which caught them offguard the year we beat them in Fargo?

Some kind of wrinkle would be nice.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:03:22 AM »
I'd rather see the offense do a better job blocking the defensive player on the wings, which would open up the RBs more as well as the QB when running the option. I get your comment on line splits, but that usually assumes much more one-on-one blocking and some field smarts. I'm not convinced that our current OL is up to this. 

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 12:49:16 PM »
I'd rather see the offense do a better job blocking the defensive player on the wings, which would open up the RBs more as well as the QB when running the option. I get your comment on line splits, but that usually assumes much more one-on-one blocking and some field smarts. I'm not convinced that our current OL is up to this.
Good point. That would be a tough game to try to figure that out.