Author Topic: Guins vs. Trees In-Game Thread  (Read 25592 times)

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins vs. Trees In-Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 06:47:12 PM »
NDSU 24, UNI 23.  Sounds like it was a great game.  Also sounds as those UNI lost some of their better players to injury.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 06:53:26 PM »
NDSU 24, UNI 23.  Sounds like it was a great game.  Also sounds as those UNI lost some of their better players to injury.

Scored last 14 minutes, took lead with 2:52 and had an interception on UNI's last drive.

Wasn't paying  enough attention, but one UNI's defenders had a pretty gruesome leg injury.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 07:00:22 PM »
Sounds like it the coach's son!!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »
Gee ...Childs is burned ...sounding like a broken record.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »
You know ...I have had enough of this team. They could not play a complete game if they lined-up against Mooney.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »
That's lame defense....2 touchdowns late like that.  That bites!!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2013, 07:43:36 PM »
My video feed is really bad, anyone else having the same problem?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2013, 07:45:43 PM »
Yes, mine is coming and going this whole half.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2013, 07:48:49 PM »
I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any time!!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 07:49:24 PM »
1AA....great point.  That is really starting to become an issue.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »
You know ...I have had enough of this team. They could not play a complete game if they lined-up against Mooney.

They need to watch the ESPN documentary 30 for 30 called "The U". It shows you the attitude you need to play with. They played a complete game every time.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »
Mooney is BAD this year. Just because we suck against the pass doesn't mean we are a terrible team. We are 5-1 and yet here some of you are complaining about an 11 pt win over a team we were favored by just 3 against.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2013, 08:15:52 PM »
Mooney is BAD this year. Just because we suck against the pa$$ doesn't mean we are a terrible team. We are 5-1 and yet here some of you are complaining about an 11 pt win over a team we were favored by just 3 against.

Get off it man, wait till we play the teams we need to beat. Do you realize that the missed FG was luck. Had they gotten it then it would have been a different game for us. We cannot afford to play like this against UNI or NDSU or we will lose. We cannot afford to play like this and expect a national championship. We are fundamentally bad in pa$$ defense. I don't enven know ehat our sheme is. It is awful to watch.   

I like your attitude, but let's be objective.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:16:49 PM by penguinpower »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2013, 08:19:43 PM »
Mooney is BAD this year. Just because we suck against the pa$$ doesn't mean we are a terrible team. We are 5-1 and yet here some of you are complaining about an 11 pt win over a team we were favored by just 3 against.

Get off it man, wait till we play the teams we need to beat. Do you realize that the missed FG was luck. Had they gotten it then it would have been a different game for us. We cannot afford to play like this against UNI or NDSU or we will lose. We cannot afford to play like this and expect a national championship. We are fundamentally bad in pa$$ defense. I don't enven know ehat our sheme is. It is awful to watch.   

I like your attitude, but let's be objective.
Here's objective for you: 5-1

I know we need to improve to beat the best, although SIU's offense is one of the best in the conference, but our schedule is setup in a way that we can HOPEFULLY tweak our scheme to minimize these wide open passes. Our coverage is soft, no doubt. Child's is bad, but Peterman needs to play lockdown corner all game long. He is good enough to play it, don't have him off the line of scrimmage.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2013, 08:26:09 PM »
Am I happy with the pazz defense?  Of course not.  But when you stuff the run and FORCE the other team to fling it around 50 times, you are probably going to win.  Some former coach once suggested that the most meaningful pazz defense statistic was this: average amount of yards gained per attempt (not completion.)  I wonder what our stats there look like and how they compare to teams that give up only 250 yards on about 25 attempts.

Look, we can be better.  Much better.  But the only play that really distressed me was allowing a receiver to get behind with 8 minutes left and a 35-10 lead.  The second td did not bother me since we made them eat up over 4 minutes.

(sorry guys....but those dollar signs are really getting to me.)