Author Topic: Guins vs. Trees In-Game Thread  (Read 25711 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: Guins vs. Trees In-Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »
So 5-1 has little meaning right now, (1) when you let the worst team in the conference back in a game like that, (2) or you let a bottom-half club dominate you for an entire half, (3) or you let a team score 60-points on you.

1. Indiana State is not the worst team in the conference. USD, MSU, and WIU will find their way to the pits by the end of the year.

2. Southern Illinois is going to finish 4th or 5th in the conference this year.

3. We got killed by Michigan State... We made their offense look amazing, but let's get real here folks, MSU is still an upper echelon B1G program, even if they are having a down year this season.

We have won 9 straight FCS games. We are taking care of business of the teams we should be beating. That is the good thing. Still, most of us here predict we will lose to UNI and NDSU. That is fine, it shows we aren't a top 5 team, but it doesn't mean we aren't a top 15 team. UNI and NDSU would beat up on 1/2 of the FBS schools in the country this year, they are each that good. Just because we aren't AMAZING like those two teams does not mean we are BAD.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »
A few of our fans are some of the crabbiest bunch of college football fans in the land. Never ever ever happy.

We are 5-1! Stop the damn complaining. My Lord we are well on our way to an 8-1 start and all I see is how BAD we are.

If our schedule was reversed, we would be 2-4 right now with no chance of the post-season. (outside of mop-up duty against a top team that would embarra$$ us like NDSU or MSU did). Valley, I am not sure how long you have been a fan of YSU football, but to most of us here ...how you play the game is just as (if not more) important than whether you win or lose. So 5-1 has little meaning right now, when you let the worst team in the conference back in a game like that. or you let a bottom-half club dominate you for an entire half. Or you let a team score 60-points on you. Do you think that is fun to watch?

Sure we all know that Pitt lost last year's game themselves ...dropped pa$$es and such. However, the win was so big to the program ...as a fan you let things slide. Then a couple weeks later our colors came through and the ceiling came down on the season. Your opinion of this conference is completely wrong.

The top teams in this conference have the best defenses in the nation. That is it. It would seem to me that if no one could score against you, then you do not need much more than an awesome field goal kicker to win any game. This is YSU football to me ..and I think you find will that anyone over the age of 35. Incidentally, you will find that the average age of a YSU fan is closer to 50.

ISU should not have scored. We gave them everything they got, with the exception of the first FG, which they had to settle for because their offense was atrocious.  Our first score was a single play drive, 44-yards for a TD. Our second score was a pick-6. Our third TD was a solid effort of 77-yards and a whole 2-minutes off the clock. In the mean time our defense gave up 5 drives of no less than 75 yards, that only resulted in 2 scores because of ISU's terrible red-zone execution.

The second half started out wonderful with an 80-yard 5-minute Penguin drive for a TD. Then we just played like a junior-high ball club the rest of the way ...while being dominated by that same inept ISU team.

Now you may think that winning is all that matters, but you are wrong. You may think that offense wins games, then you need to follow another team and conference. In the mean time, these are my Penguins and I expect a certain style of football to be played. A tradition of excellence and dominance to be maintained.

It was 31-10 with 8 minutes.... Every single team takes the foot off the pedal when up by that much. Every single team, no matter who your playing. Ysu just wanted to get outta there. It was pouring, lightning. The game was in hand.... ISUZU is not an inept team. They took a very good Tennesee Tech team to the wire and competed fairly against 2 Big10 teams.... Funny how some of you guys think we should blow everybody out of the water. A WIN IS A WIN

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2013, 01:50:52 PM »
A few of our fans are some of the crabbiest bunch of college football fans in the land. Never ever ever happy.

We are 5-1! Stop the damn complaining. My Lord we are well on our way to an 8-1 start and all I see is how BAD we are.

If our schedule was reversed, we would be 2-4 right now with no chance of the post-season. (outside of mop-up duty against a top team that would embarra$$ us like NDSU or MSU did). Valley, I am not sure how long you have been a fan of YSU football, but to most of us here ...how you play the game is just as (if not more) important than whether you win or lose. So 5-1 has little meaning right now, when you let the worst team in the conference back in a game like that. or you let a bottom-half club dominate you for an entire half. Or you let a team score 60-points on you. Do you think that is fun to watch?

Sure we all know that Pitt lost last year's game themselves ...dropped pa$$es and such. However, the win was so big to the program ...as a fan you let things slide. Then a couple weeks later our colors came through and the ceiling came down on the season. Your opinion of this conference is completely wrong.

The top teams in this conference have the best defenses in the nation. That is it. It would seem to me that if no one could score against you, then you do not need much more than an awesome field goal kicker to win any game. This is YSU football to me ..and I think you find will that anyone over the age of 35. Incidentally, you will find that the average age of a YSU fan is closer to 50.

ISU should not have scored. We gave them everything they got, with the exception of the first FG, which they had to settle for because their offense was atrocious.  Our first score was a single play drive, 44-yards for a TD. Our second score was a pick-6. Our third TD was a solid effort of 77-yards and a whole 2-minutes off the clock. In the mean time our defense gave up 5 drives of no less than 75 yards, that only resulted in 2 scores because of ISU's terrible red-zone execution.

The second half started out wonderful with an 80-yard 5-minute Penguin drive for a TD. Then we just played like a junior-high ball club the rest of the way ...while being dominated by that same inept ISU team.

Now you may think that winning is all that matters, but you are wrong. You may think that offense wins games, then you need to follow another team and conference. In the mean time, these are my Penguins and I expect a certain style of football to be played. A tradition of excellence and dominance to be maintained.

Spot on. 

And I did not intend to offend anyone on here. I also have a family member with brain damage, but he is hardly retarded, he is exceptional considering his condition but I hardly take offense to the use of politically incorrect words. The use of the word retard was not politically incorrect 20 -30years ago.