Author Topic: NDSU Future  (Read 9144 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
NDSU Future
« on: September 15, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
I know this may be a little premature but is it possible that NDSU makes a quick jump to FBS? They have the resources and are certainly very marketable at this time.  Does anyone else think its possible that the MAC comes calling? 

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: NDSU Future
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 10:23:15 PM »
Doubtful. MAC has tried to get a footprint eastward in major metro areas.  NorthDakota is cow town, small market and  is outside the Midwest to East organization of the league for travel.  NDSU can beat the doormats like Minnesota or UNI beating doormats like Iowa St.  Playing BCS would eat both alive in a 12 game schedule. And be terribly expensive. Don't see them running after that carrot.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:25:56 PM by paladin »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 11:22:26 PM »
They'll never get accepted into the MAC. They are better than half the teams in the MAC now

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 08:47:31 AM »
They'll never get accepted into the MAC. They are better than half the teams in the MAC now

1/2? I'll go out on a limb and say... NDSU is better than all but maybe two MAC teams.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:17:24 AM by ysubigred »

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 09:30:50 AM »
The more intereseting part of their future is Coach Bohl.  Saw a few things on the internet about Nebraska fans wanting him.  If they win it all again this year, someone big is going to make a run at him.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »
The more intereseting part of their future is Coach Bohl.  Saw a few things on the internet about Nebraska fans wanting him.  If they win it all again this year, someone big is going to make a run at him.

THIS^^ +1 He's got to be gone after the 3rd in a row.. Well, actually Jerry Moore still hung around Appy with all that success 3 in a row etc... He's gone now (fired) looky at Appy today SUN BELT and losing to 1FCS schools  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:47:36 AM by ysubigred »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 03:04:50 PM »
Coach Bohl is a lot younger than I thought he was. Everyone shaves their head these days ...he is only 54. My immediate thoughts are they will do very without him. Also that this NDSU team will not do well at the next level. There is no one around them to compete with them for recruits. That is why they are so good at the FCS level. Now when you start recruiting big-time players ...it is still North Dakota.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 05:01:26 PM »
Fan:

Boise State made the jump to FBS about 9-10 years ago and have grown into the national big scene several times. They just added $42+ million to their football complex which is a state of the art facility (weight rooms and locker rooms.) They like NDSU are not in a large population base area, but they recruit from surrounding larger states. I think NDSU could jump into the FBS area and may be successful. At least try.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »
I know this may be a little premature but is it possible that NDSU makes a quick jump to FBS? They have the resources and are certainly very marketable at this time.  Does anyone else think its possible that the MAC comes calling?

No.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 06:18:56 PM »
Bison hold the next best MVFC team scoreless, with -32 rushing yards, 1/12 on third down conversions, and nearly double their time of possession.  This team owns the MVFC, and the FCS.  They've outgrown the FCS and could compete in ANY FBS conference.  Only a matter of time.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 08:00:24 PM »
Yes I expected SDSU to take them down.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:29:11 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 11:56:43 AM »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
I laughed. It was hilarious.  If that Prez thinks those terms are going to keep Bohl from leaving, he isn't very bright. The buy-out is easily negotiated with the new signing school giving a "signing bonus" covering that amount or more. Its chump change.  ;D

He may stay but that contract won't force him to.