Author Topic: Life after Wolford  (Read 44510 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Life after Wolford
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2013, 06:50:08 PM »
The problem is with a few posters.  I will consider myself a violator of etiquette at times.  There are better and more sophisticated ways of expression but to use foul language in 75% of posts is not acceptable.  I welcome everyone on this board to contribute and the recent failures magnify the emotions.  Bo Pelini got himself into hot water over a similar issue.  Perhaps growing up in a blue collar town has hardened many of us to the language.  It doesn't phase me but it damages your image to others.  I am also a Navy man that can give new meaning to swearing like a sailor. Therefore I will accept some responsibility.

I have penguinhusky in the tailgate lot and hope that I have not offended this good man.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:00:12 PM by penguinpower »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »
It's getting bad on here..... Thanks to one particular person. You can argue with someone all you want, but no need for the language and other stuff.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2013, 11:22:13 PM »
Are there  "code of conduct " rules? 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2013, 08:50:20 PM »
If Wolford gets fired because we don't make the playoffs maybe we should try to get Pelini after he gets fired from Nebraska. What do you think?

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »
If Wolford gets fired because we don't make the playoffs maybe we should try to get Pelini after he gets fired from Nebraska. What do you think?

I'll believe they'll fire Wolf and pay for 2 coaches next year when I see it. I think he's back no matter what.

Let's hope we have good season and this talk dies down, we do this every season it seems.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2013, 09:42:34 PM »
Wolford will coach our team until the conclusion of the 2014 season.  He got a five year contract, right?  Of course, if the situation disintegrates beyond belief, he could resign and flee to Spurrier or another mentor as an assistant....a well paid assistant.

But as I stated several times, this is all premature.  Only the road games at Southern Illinois and Indiana State will tell us exactly what kind of team we have this season.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2013, 10:38:04 PM »
Once again I ask: who do you think we will get to come here that will be better?  Seriously, I don't know.
There is talk of firing Wolford for another mediocre season and then in the next breath talk about moving into a conference where we would take a beating for a few years.  The old Browns saga of rebuilding.

I am neutral about Wolford and his staff and new to this board so I am sure I am missing a lot that others may know.  Glenn Mason was in Columbus this weekend, but I have yet to hear any school trying to lure him and he has been out of coaching for several years.  This is the same guy that many thought should be HC at Ohio State instead of Tressel.

If Wolford is on his way out, I sure hope that there is someone much better waiting to come to school like Youngstown and right the ship.  I don't have any idea who that would be.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2013, 10:48:07 PM »
AF you need to stop insulting people because they disagree with you. Say we are 'crazy', that is fine but we are not Fing morons. Clearly we are not the ones. 

yeah, the vast majority are

FYI: live in Columbus, and do you want to know what the second-most common joke when a poor player is on the Buckeyes? "Looks like another Mt Union player". That is just how common knowledge it truly is. I may not know the X'and O's as well as most here, but I have forgotten more about small-college football that you will ever know. So I will say it again. A good HS team will beat MU 25% of the time. Larger prep schools would beat MU at a considerably higher rate.

like i said, a bunch of clueless morons. ill tell you what you bum, you name me EVERY single D1 player who plays at Mount Union right now, i guarentee you out of 100+ guys on the team you wont find 10%. you wanna talk your BS then back it up with a fact for once, just once, please i beg you, post one single fact.

I am not saying that Kehres is a bad coach. I am saying that YSU is in entirely different galaxy than MU. The learning curve is too high for me to accept. Look how rough Wolf has it, and he is a long-time DI coach.

Mount Union is better then YSU and its not even close, Mount Unions Freshman club team would beat YSU, theres no doubt about it.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2013, 02:45:27 AM »
AF you need to stop insulting people because they disagree with you. Say we are 'crazy', that is fine but we are not Fing morons. Clearly we are not the ones. 

FYI: live in Columbus, and do you want to know what the second-most common joke when a poor player is on the Buckeyes? "Looks like another Mt Union player". That is just how common knowledge it truly is. I may not know the X'and O's as well as most here, but I have forgotten more about small-college football that you will ever know. So I will say it again. A good HS team will beat MU 25% of the time. Larger prep schools would beat MU at a considerably higher rate.

like i said, a bunch of clueless morons. ill tell you what you bum, you name me EVERY single D1 player who plays at Mount Union right now, i guarentee you out of 100+ guys on the team you wont find 10%. you wanna talk your BS then back it up with a fact for once, just once, please i beg you, post one single fact.

I am not saying that Kehres is a bad coach. I am saying that YSU is in entirely different galaxy than MU. The learning curve is too high for me to accept. Look how rough Wolf has it, and he is a long-time DI coach.

Mount Union is better then YSU and its not even close, Mount Unions Freshman club team would beat YSU, theres no doubt about it.

LOL

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2013, 05:03:54 AM »

Your statements make you look like you have an IQ of about 70.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2013, 08:39:50 AM »
AFGuins is nothing more than some high school jock that thinks he knows everything about everything. His grammar on here and JJHuddle shows his immaturity. No need to get all worked up.

Plenty of what he says will be thrown right back at his face in due time.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2013, 11:21:16 AM »

Your statements make you look like you have an IQ of about 70.
With the last statement about the MU Freshmen club team AF is obviously just trying to rile people up---if that's not the case pp just insulted a lot of people with an IQ of 70 (unless that was a typo and he meant 07.)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »
He has been banned for a week. We will see what happens after that.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2013, 12:04:17 PM »
NDSU has an athletic budget of $19 MM acording to Gameday. Hosly moses!

kforbs126

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2013, 12:14:01 PM »
NDSU has an athletic budget of $19 MM acording to Gameday. Hosly moses!

It's not surprising, there's not much else going on in north dakota.