Author Topic: Fire Tresy  (Read 53870 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Tresy
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 05:51:40 AM »
How about now?
You look like a fool when you post out of frustration.

Don't get too high. Don't get too low.

Relax and breathe! We finally made adjustments and looked really good in the 2nd half on defense. Kudos to the coaching staff.... because it was UGLY in the 1st half.

Part of it is frustration at the moment, but if we come out like that against a good team in the conference it will result in a loss.  The team we beat tonight was not very good. As I-AA Fan stated earlier, this game should not even be close.  Even Paladin thought we would win more easily. I don't know as much as those two about the recruits or athletic ability of the two teams, but we do not have a very good defense and it is proven through the statistics in the box score each game. Had SIU made the PAT we would have been in OT with SIU on the road in a night game because we gave up nearly 300 yards of passing alone in the first half.  If we are capable of shutting that team out in the second half, then we should have the same capability in the first half.  I still thinlk they need to fire Tresey.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:11:58 AM by penguinpower »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 10:46:02 AM »
How about now?

Relax and breathe! We finally made adjustments and looked really good in the 2nd half on defense. Kudos to the coaching staff.... because it was UGLY in the 1st half.

Valley:

It does not change the fact that we have completely the wrong style of defense in place for our conference. Sorry but it is a coaching issue ...and one of fundamental style. We need much more muscle up front. We need to be able to keep QB's in the pocket & shut down run games. We cannot continue to try and cover the pa$$ and the run ...we only have 11 guys on the field at a time. That is what happened in the second half yesterday and needs to happen on every play of every game. Faulkner was killing us with his legs and his arm ...we put some pressure on him & shut off that run game. This does not seem to be anything that this, or the previous DC have understood ...good old GATEWAY football. They style of ball that NDSU has won the past 2 titles with. Frankly, I do not think we have had the right recruiting, or the right coaches. Even worse, this is the 4th year of a staff that may have just figured that out (and I doubt they have)...which is why you do not hire position coaches to be your HC.

Under coach H, we had the right defense, but needed a different offense. Our conference changed under coach H & he took too long to bring in the spread on O. Our conference's style of ball  has not changed at all in coach W's tenure. We simply recruit players, we have yet to a$$emble a team. This is why the have no resilience ...they are not a single unit. Too many people that expect to play & do not put forth the effort to do so. Also, still way too much animosity toward the previous staff's players ...despite the fact that everyone notices they are our best player ...(aka: Carson Sharbaugh, a true D1 talent). Where was Pace yesterday? He has an excellent ability to catch the ball. You cannot bring a guy in for two plays & not expect the opposition to key on him ...thus he was ineffective for us. We are still looking for the home-run play & not trying to control the LOS. Why? Because we do not have a line that can dominate in this conference. That is one that has 9 or 10 starters. Do not misunderstand me, I think coach Shane is the best OC YSU has had in my lifetime. I think he uses speed and motion very effectively, which is why our offense works.However, it would work better if we controlled the trenches.

Yes, the first half was ugly. Now think just how much more ugly it would have been against NDSU, SDSU, or UNI? Could we have come back from a 40+ point deficit? Faulkner made us look silly & he is not the top QB in the conference. Sorry but 30-minutes of quality football, after how many seasons, does not mean much to me. Show me something in November.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:59:11 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 12:17:43 PM »
How about now?

Valley:

It does not change the fact that we have completely the wrong style of defense in place for our conference. Sorry but it is a coaching issue ...and one of fundamental style. We need much more muscle up front. We need to be able to keep QB's in the pocket & shut down run games. We cannot continue to try and cover the pa$$ and the run ...we only have 11 guys on the field at a time. That is what happened in the second half yesterday and needs to happen on every play of every game. Faulkner was killing us with his legs and his arm ...we put some pressure on him & shut off that run game. This does not seem to be anything that this, or the previous DC have understood ...good old GATEWAY football. They style of ball that NDSU has won the past 2 titles with. Frankly, I do not think we have had the right recruiting, or the right coaches. Even worse, this is the 4th year of a staff that may have just figured that out (and I doubt they have)...which is why you do not hire position coaches to be your HC.

Under coach H, we had the right defense, but needed a different offense. Our conference changed under coach H & he took too long to bring in the spread on O. Our conference's style of ball  has not changed at all in coach W's tenure. We simply recruit players, we have yet to a$$emble a team. This is why the have no resilience ...they are not a single unit. Too many people that expect to play & do not put forth the effort to do so. Also, still way too much animosity toward the previous staff's players ...despite the fact that everyone notices they are our best player ...(aka: Carson Sharbaugh, a true D1 talent). Where was Pace yesterday? He has an excellent ability to catch the ball. You cannot bring a guy in for two plays & not expect the opposition to key on him ...thus he was ineffective for us. We are still looking for the home-run play & not trying to control the LOS. Why? Because we do not have a line that can dominate in this conference. That is one that has 9 or 10 starters. Do not misunderstand me, I think coach Shane is the best OC YSU has had in my lifetime. I think he uses speed and motion very effectively, which is why our offense works.However, it would work better if we controlled the trenches.

Yes, the first half was ugly. Now think just how much more ugly it would have been against NDSU, SDSU, or UNI? Could we have come back from a 40+ point deficit? Faulkner made us look silly & he is not the top QB in the conference. Sorry but 30-minutes of quality football, after how many seasons, does not mean much to me. Show me something in November.

Ruiz is much much better than Pace. Why you guys love him I'll never understand. Great goal line back and that's it

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 12:40:41 PM »
I think Pace and Ruiz offer different styles that can be valuable in different situations.  Ruiz is a nice find for the coaches.  He has a lot of potential.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 01:06:55 PM »
0505 ...I like Ruiz. I think any back needs to play consistently. I guess if it is going to be Ruiz, then so be it. I have faith in coach M to do the right thing ...and after last night, I should not be the only one feeling that way. Right now coach M wants speed. Pace catches very well, he offers quite a bit. Then again the use of Sharbaugh was smart coaching & clearly led to that 4th-down game-winning TD. They could not stop Sharbaugh 5 times on 3rd & short. So SIU had to commit to stopping his run. Gutsy call by coach M & great execution by Hess and Sharbaugh. I can not think of the last time I was so proud :)

We still need more power & I really like Pace. He runs every play perfectly. I would love to give UNI a strong dose of Pace and Sharbaugh (h back) all game.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 01:15:33 PM »
Any news on Bellamy?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 02:10:36 PM »
I'm still curious as to why Hymes hasn't played after they hyped him up all fall camp???

ValleyTalk

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 02:49:39 PM »
At this point, Ruiz has earned the starting job. Unless he gets injured or becomes fumble happy over the coming weeks, I don't see Pace or any of the other backs unseating him. Now the real battle will be for #2. Pace is a great leader on and off the field, but I do not think he has what it takes to be a consistent RB for our team. I think he would be better in short yardage situations, but that is it. Our offense is way too bland and vanilla with him as a starter.

I think Bellamy and Hymes will duke it out for the #2 job.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
Pace does not the speed to go outside and the D can stack the inside. With Ruiz, Bellamy and Hymes, we can rune inside and outside keeping the D honest. Pace is better in protecting the QB. But I don't think it is enough to keep him In the game much especially with Sharbaugh running the short yardage. Nate and Carson are both good TEs. I think Adams is faster to be able to catch the ball downfield and taking it to the house.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
You are right on Adams as a bit more of a receiver. I would not harp on seeing Pace as much, if we had Bellemy in more. He has some power. Carson has proven himself in the backfield, but Pace is a more visionary runner, he is a natural back. Yes I  wish he was the fastest guy on the team with that same size, but still very few teams are going to keep him under 3-4 yards a carry. If they do, I am willing to bet it is because of our own line play most every time.  NDSU does not bring in a power run game only inside the 5 ...they do it all the time. They force defenses to become more one-dimensional.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 06:19:36 PM »
Hey - this is a fire Tresy thread.  Quit giving congratulations to the Penguins.

To get in under the 24 hr. rule.  Great win by the Penguins!  Not the greatest offensive or defensive performance, but a great team performance. 

Spiderlegs

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 06:24:58 PM »
Ruiz and Pace are different.  If YSU ran an I-formation, Pace would be the full back (blocking back) and Ruiz would be the half back.  I'm actually a bit surprised YSU doesn't run more I-formations given the talent of its backfield, just to increase the options for the ground game.  The QB option can still be run from an I.

Also, Wolford's comments in the past suggest that the backfield choice is not just about skill but about hard work and attitude. Pace brings maturity and is recognized as a motivational leader on this team, so I think there is some effort to keep him in the forefront because of the intangibles he brings.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 04:38:19 PM »
What the hell do they teach our secondary?  They let people free behind them nearly every play. We are just lucky that that qb has receivrrs that can't catch. We will be destroyed against good teams.

We have given up multiple plays over 20 yards and we haven't had a single 3 and out. WtF?

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 04:55:25 PM »
This isn't an emotional rant. It is reasoned at I am stating what I observe.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 05:08:32 PM »
Why do the LB's line up straight across?

Why do we have so many penalties?