Author Topic: New players on roster who could make impact  (Read 7701 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
New players on roster who could make impact
« on: July 31, 2013, 03:08:03 PM »
Listed on YSU's roster as of now. Chris Freeman, a 6-8, 335 pound OT. Played at Mizzouri the last two years. Out of high school had offers from Oregon, Florida, Michigan, Nebraska and other top teams. Starter right away along with Kyle Bryant at OT? Those are some big boys.....

Also Tre' Moore, a safety from Northern Illinois is on the roster. Maybe fill the other safety spot with #8? We recruited him out of high school
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:20:36 PM by ysufan0505 »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: New players on roster who could make impact
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »
Listed on YSU's roster as of now. Chris Freeman, a 6-8, 335 pound OT. Played at Mizzouri the last two years. Out of high school had offers from Oregon, Florida, Michigan, Nebraska and other top teams. Starter right away along with Kyle Bryant at OT? Those are some big boys.....

Also Tre' Moore, a safety from Northern Illinois is on the roster. Maybe fill the other safety spot with #8? We recruited him out of high school

Whoever playes at safety they need to be better than last year...that was ugly at times.

Any idea if Freeman played much at Mizzou? Wonder why he left if he did?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 04:04:36 PM »

Whoever playes at safety they need to be better than last year...that was ugly at times.

Any idea if Freeman played much at Mizzou? Wonder why he left if he did?

Says he saw action in 2 games last year. Was practicing with 2nd team.... He went to high school in Ohio, maybe wants to be closer to home?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:50:48 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 08:08:06 AM »
Good to know 05, sounds like a solid add to me.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 09:35:11 AM »
Did not see him (Freeman) listed on the roster this morning on the YSU football website.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:44:24 AM »
He was there yesterday...wow that could be a record.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:48:50 AM »
Moore is still listed on the roster.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »
Hard to say on Freemen. He was # 5 of 6 OT on squad. #3 of 3 at RT on depth chart as red-shirt Junior.

What is everyone's thoughts on the line on both sides?

Offense:

Returning: Herdman, Sinko and Page return. I have always like Sinko out of a good Strongsville program. Seems to work exceptionally well once he is up, so he is really a start on special team blocking. I hope he can make the adjustment to working down low. Page Started several game last year, when Pratt went down ...he is big as well. Should stay at center. Herdman is similar to Sinko, so he stays on special teams and will need to make the adjustment.

New: Eisenhuth looks ready to be a Penguin. I heard he just excelled on the scout teams, and maybe saw an injury. If so, not sure what it was. Matt Bell has good local resume out of Hickory. Christian Wilson has mammoth reviews as a recruit and also worked hard as a scout team member ...I expect him to contribute right away. He is 320, but I am told that 6'7" is conservative on his height. You don't see much better prep ball than McKeesport.  We would normally lose guys like Wilson and to A-10/CAA.

Defense:

Returning & New: Sirl returns at end. Williams, Zaborsky and Kromah. Williams may have to move over from the end spot. I have nothing but good things to say about DJ Main returning in the middle. Hagood, Brown, Rivers & Nolcox are new. Brown come out of GA Military, which has sent us talent in the past.  Rivers is from Fork Union ...we have been recruiting there since Tressel days. Nolcox looks too small and Hagood I am not familiar with.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 02:43:29 PM »
I'm not worried about the O-line much. That's Wolf's strength, right?

As long as some of the new guys can generate a pass rush on the D-line we'll be fine. You'll be amazed how much better coverage gets when opposing QB's can't stand back there like statues anymore.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »
Happy,

I agree, but last year Hess was rushed quite a bit back there.  We could not run the ball well or pass the ball well against the best teams in the league.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 05:22:07 PM »
Happy,

I agree, but last year Hess was rushed quite a bit back there.  We could not run the ball well or pass the ball well against the best teams in the league.

I agree Power, that is why these guys have to be able to get up and get off their man quickly to protect Hess.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 06:21:14 PM »
Did not see him (Freeman) listed on the roster this morning on the YSU football website.

Your right, very weird. He was on there yesterday

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 07:19:29 AM »
Happy,

Very true! We do have some good guys there so I believe (hope?) they will be as good as later year if not better...probably not realistic with the starters we lost but hey optimism is always high during camp  ;D

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »
I saw highlights from practice. This group of O-Lineman look so much bigger and more athletic than last year. They might not have the experience, but they are huge. The smallest guy might be Elkins which is crazy... Also, I saw LB's Teven and Travis Williams. Wow did they bulk up, especially Teven. He got real big which is great news. I'm excited for this year!