YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

NCAA report shows athletic expenses rising again

<< < (2/2)

Wick250:
Thanks for that link, Noles.  What really struck me is the size of the internal subsidy that Akron (19.3 million) and Kent (17.3 million) provide for athletics.  We stand at 8.5 million.  So the question remains unchanged for those that aspire to play "make-believe" big time football.  Where will the money come from?

penguinpower:
What I don't get is:

Ysu has a better Athletic program than Akron
YsU is probably closer to Kent in Athletics, except Kent is better at MBB and YSU is better at football.
YSU is a better university thank Kent because Kent is a liberal Arts college that mainly has make believe degrees ( or degrees that people end up with jobs where the persons farewell greeting in business transactions is "Do you want fries with that?"
Akron and YSU are similar in the area of education.
So YSU is the better school, especially if you want a decent degree and like football ( which is the only sport that matters).

Why can't we get the money?  We need to get it from the oil companies now. We need to partner the engineering dept with them. Make more petrochmical engineers and reach and make it their idea to reach into their pockets and give us the money.
We have the infrastructure and the tradition in football. We need the money becasue the fan base is tighter than 2 -coats of paint. 

penguin8797:
So Kent's programs in architecture, engineering technology, math, science, business, medicine etc are 'made up' and we should shake down the shale gas industry for money to pay for football. Now that is classic yunks-town thinkin'; denigrate others with unsubstantiated nonsense, attack the goose that lays the golden egg, and come up with a strong arm plan with no leverage to carry it through. 

YSU alumnus

penguinpower:
No. What I'm saying is that every other school gets the benefit of the businesses that they support. Why should YSU be different.

Also architects are artists not engineers. Period.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version