Author Topic: Pitt freshman running back Rushel Shell is transferring  (Read 2812 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Pitt freshman running back Rushel Shell is transferring
« on: April 03, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pittsburgh freshman running back Rushel Shell is transferring.

Coach Paul Chryst released a statement early Tuesday saying the team's second-leading rusher a year ago will not be back for the 2013 season. Shell took a leave of absence from the Panthers last week, and after a few days consulting with his family decided to continue his college career elsewhere.

The 19-year-old rushed for 641 yards and four touchdowns last season while sharing the workload with senior Ray Graham. Shell was expected to be the primary back for the Panthers next season when they join the ACC.

Shell signed with Pitt in 2012 following a record-setting career at Hopewell (Pa.) High, where he set a state record with 9,078 career yards rushing.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Pitt freshman running back Rushel Shell is transferring
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »
Any thoughts?

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 09:03:12 AM »
He's being ripped on the Pittsburgh radio stations as a whiny baby running from his problems....namely his HS girlfriend and his 2 kids.

Callers who claim to have been teammates with him also say he never lifted weights or ran track in HS and question his motivation and work ethic.

I'd be surprised if he makes it through the 1 year waiting period if half of what I heard is true.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 10:31:27 AM »
This sounds like precisely the type of player that we do not want.  I agree with Happy.  It is unlikely the football world will ever hear from this kid again.