Author Topic: MBB vs. CMU  (Read 7682 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
MBB vs. CMU
« on: February 23, 2013, 08:40:47 PM »
Can we ever win a game with any ease? This is BY FAR the worst team we have played all season. Yes that includes the sub_DI's. We should have doubled them up easily!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MBB vs. CMU
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 10:00:47 PM »
Another bad coaching job. Lucky to get this W against a horrible team

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:37:36 PM »
You two deserve each other. President and VP of the Fellowship of the Miserable. Central Mich worse than Marygrove and Geneva? Of all the asinine things you spew on this board, that one is pure magic.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:39:55 PM by ItalianPenguin »

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 01:59:53 AM »
Good grief you guys are freaking ridiculous.

Play without your best player, win by double digits, lead for the last 38 minutes of the game and lead by double digits for nearly 30 minutes of the game and you two are b****ing about the win?

Worse than 3-27 Marygrove?  Worse than 5-22 Geneva?  Really?

Double up Central Michigan?  Really?  No one has beaten Central Michigan by more than 18 all year and you want to win by 30 or 40?  Without your best player?

Central Michigan has not played well for most of this year, but they have wins over Wright State (ahead of YSU in the Horizon League) and Niagara (first place team in the MAAC and favorite to get the MAAC's NCAA bid).

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 09:41:36 AM »
Central was the worst of the D1 teams we played at home all year.  We should have blown them out by more but the usual Slocum coaching job was at its best in the 2nd half.  Boy does he get outcoached in most games.
What was up with the senior night festivities done after the game when lots of fans left?  That was stupid.  Seniors deserved better than an after thought dedication.  Lets hope that doesn't happen again Strollo!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »
I am talking about the team we played last night, that was a terrible basketball team. I do not care by how much they beat other teams. They were simply awful. We hold them to 27-points in the first-half, then are outscored in the second? We came out in the second half and continued to extend our lead, out to 24-points, then we simply stopped playing any defense and fouled them back into the game. You cannot be upset with people that want to see any type of authoritative-play against such a team.

I also saw some very encouraging signs as well ...at least on offense. I thought the in-game dedication was fine. We should always do more for our seniors, but we are not always going to have such a poor opponent at the end of the season to allow any half-time celebration. I was not there to see if anything was done pre-game.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:53:24 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:33:30 AM »
At least IAA seen that Central was not that good.  That was the worst team in the MAC that cut our 24 point lead to 7 late in the game.  We are giving up way to many points in the 2nd half as of late but that is expected wtih Slocum's late season record.  Yes we were playing without KP but Central was play with mainly freshmen.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 12:10:23 PM »
At least IAA seen that Central was not that good.  That was the worst team in the MAC that cut our 24 point lead to 7 late in the game.  We are giving up way to many points in the 2nd half as of late but that is expected wtih Slocum's late season record.  Yes we were playing without KP but Central was play with mainly freshmen.
Yup 1AA seen that, didn't he. Time to put tires on the truck and go huntin'

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »
I am talking about the team we played last night, that was a terrible basketball team. I do not care by how much they beat other teams. They were simply awful. We hold them to 27-points in the first-half, then are outscored in the second? We came out in the second half and continued to extend our lead, out to 24-points, then we simply stopped playing any defense and fouled them back into the game. You cannot be upset with people that want to see any type of authoritative-play against such a team.

I also saw some very encouraging signs as well ...at least on offense. I thought the in-game dedication was fine. We should always do more for our seniors, but we are not always going to have such a poor opponent at the end of the season to allow any half-time celebration. I was not there to see if anything was done pre-game.
Are you aware that we shot 70% in the 1st half? You expected that to continue in the 2nd half? C Mich is not worse than St Francis of PA and as Indy mentioned beat Wright St. Without your best player and a 60% Eargle the game was never in doubt. I actually feel sorry for the demented thoughts of some here. If you were a potential recruit and read some of the complete lunacy spouted here, why would you come?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 01:27:39 PM »
Central was the worst of the D1 teams we played at home all year.  We should have blown them out by more but the usual Slocum coaching job was at its best in the 2nd half.  Boy does he get outcoached in most games.
What was up with the senior night festivities done after the game when lots of fans left?  That was stupid.  Seniors deserved better than an after thought dedication.  Lets hope that doesn't happen again Strollo!

Blake Allen's parents had trouble getting to the game on time so they weren't there for the start of the game, hence why they did everything afterwards

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »
Look, I'll always support YSU teams, but I'll tell it how I see it and what I see is a team with more talent than what their record shows and I believe that to be bad coaching. No way this team should have only 16 wins. There's a reason Slocum, at his age has only coached D2 before coming here

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 02:32:06 PM »

Are you aware that we shot 70% in the 1st half? You expected that to continue in the 2nd half? C Mich is not worse than St Francis of PA and as Indy mentioned beat Wright St. Without your best player and a 60% Eargle the game was never in doubt. I actually feel sorry for the demented thoughts of some here. If you were a potential recruit and read some of the complete lunacy spouted here, why would you come?

I am also aware the they let CMU shoot over 50% in the second half. I am also aware that they (CMU) were 23 of 24 from the free throw line. Why were they given so many opportunities, we were just as quick as they were, with much better ball-handling skills. Superior transition game is a bunch of BS. We have the best transition game of any team in the HL, and all but maybe two teams in the MAC.

As far as recruits, it should be nice to see board activity compared to most schools. If one group sees that this should have been a blow-out, and some do not, there must be some pretty darn good ball being played here, and they had better step-up their game if they want to play here at YSU. I am not in favor of a new coach, not even close. I have always liked Slocum, always will. Any recruit that come here will learn the game. This board has always gone both ways on almost every issue.

Pretend you are a recruit. You see complaints about wins against GW and GA. You see your coach all over the sports world being asked how he managed to defeat Butler, which was in the final. Recruits may not be as smart as we want them to be sometimes, but they are not idiots. A coach like Slocum comes to your parents or grandparents house ...you listen to him. A coach like Waters stops off at the correctional facility on the way to the recruits homes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:43:30 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 03:48:18 PM »
Damn, I suppose the CMU players had no pride and were just going to let us beat them by 30.  We still have a chance for a couple of more wins whether the reg season or tourney.  Stop belly-aching over a win.  Yeah! I believe we should have a few more wins too, but the other teams are not going roll over and play dead for YSU.  Every team in the league including us will be improved next season.  The league was a gaultlet this year. 

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 09:38:24 PM »
IP...were it not for your humor...what can I say.  You truly make us laugh.
Don't dare say what you're thinking right now!!!!!

GO PENGUINS